Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna di Campiglio - best ski school?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There seems to be quite a few. I'm looking for a combination of group lessons for the children and private lessons for me. English speaking.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I suspect you want the Nazionale, but send a pm to Campiglio and he will advise.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, yes we're booking through him! I wondered if anyone on the forum had used any of the various schools.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@RosieL, V glad you are using Dominic. He's a pleasure to deal with. We used Nazionale in late March 2013. they were pretty good, BUT....... The resort was extremely empty at the time and even though Nazionale was the biggest in the village they still struggled to have enough punters to put on the classes we wanted. Usual story of wildly differing abilities being lumped together just to make up a class. We complained and they were very helpful rearranging things and giving discounts off private lessons to make it all work, but this is an issue you should be aware of.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, thanks that's really helpful. Dominic has been brilliant so far. I hope he has a magic wand for some snow too!

That's reassuring about the lessons. We're going half term so numbers shouldn't be an issue. Any tips on the resort?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, loads of tips but not sure I can find them. Most were sent to me by Dominic. I'll dig them out.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, loads of tips but not sure I can find them. Most were sent to me by Dominic. I'll dig them out.

Here they are: search for a thread titled 'any intelligence on madonna di Campiglio '
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great - I'll have a search.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are now (I’m told) 12 ski schools in Madonna. These range from large schools with big offices to a couple of mates just starting up.

If you’re going at half term your best bet would be to book with Scoula Nationale as some of the other large schools are fully block booked by UK TO’s, so English speaking teachers may be hard to obtain; there is only British Instructor (BASI) in the entire area. Sorry to say that we just as guilty as charged, as we have booked 23 instructors from various schools for the half term week as we are the largest UK operator in the area (we have 450+ people in Madonna that week). I’ll be there that week also so hopefully I’ll meet some of you then.

If you have absolute beginners in your group they will need to go up the tow area (just beyond the base of the Groste lift). There is a €10 charge to use these two tows as the chap who owns them is not in the lift collective (so your standard pass will not work on them).

If you need private lessons you’re more likely to get English speaking instructors during the afternoon at half term but its worth speaking to the schools to find out.

I hope this helps, if you need any more information please post here and I'll try to answer.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Best all round ski school, imo, is Scuola Sci Nazionale des Alpes. They have a total of 40 English speaking instructors.
http://www.enchantedholidays.co.uk/our-services/ski-instructors/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RosieL,
Please excuse me, but I don't recognise you from your tag.
Just to give you a correct picture - the 2 largest schools are Nazionale Des Alpes and Rainalter.
Both schools still have plenty of available spaces for group and private lessons at all levels.
FYI, Nazionale des Alpes takes all it's beginners classes (adults and children alike) on the pistes above the tree line at Pradalago - no need to pay out for the lifts at Campo Carlo Magno.
The ski school director of Des Alpes is a personal friend and we go back many years together - use my name by all means.
Rainalter has its own baby slope in the town known as Baita di Bimbi so if you book childrens' beginner classes with them, there is no additional cost for the lifts at this facility.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy