Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short stay apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going for a short break at start of april but accomodation limited. It's as cheap to book for a week as it is for 3 or 4 nights. is there anything stopping me booking the apartment Saturday to Saturday but then just staying there monday - thursday or friday?
It will probably be booked through pierre and vacances or Maeva in France.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only problem I can see is getting an inspection to give you the all clear to leave. They usually are only prepped to do that on a Saturday. Best to give them a call to find out if it's ok. That goes the same for picking up the keys.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah. Would have to be an apartments with a reception etc. Or we'd have to arrange a pick up. I have often left apartments early on a friday evening and wasn't a problem then. So hopefully be ok
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From my point of view as a private apartment owner, I'm always willing outside of high season to offer short breaks from 3 nights upwards. We do charge a higher pro-rata rate than for a full week, as our changoever costs are a constant amount (linen, cleaning, laundry etc) .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Several people who have used my apartment have left before the end of the week - doesn't cause me any problems as I don't ask them to be given "permission to leave" by the local agent who looks after my place.

I think you're probably get more flexibility on pricing for short stays (during low season weeks) from private owners or small scale operators than the major operators like P&V who will have set prices. There's no no harm in asking!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@garethjomo, We booked an apartment in Tignes a few years ago from Saturday to Saturday but could only stay until the Wednesday. We just did the usual end of stay tidy up, handed the keys back and left. No problem. May have to adopt a similar approach for this year's trip.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand wrote:
@garethjomo, We booked an apartment in Tignes a few years ago from Saturday to Saturday but could only stay until the Wednesday. We just did the usual end of stay tidy up, handed the keys back and left. No problem. May have to adopt a similar approach for this year's trip.

We did this in Chamrousse just before Christmas too. No problems, we just handed the keys (and bedsheets) into the Immoblier early.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

From my point of view as a private apartment owner, I'm always willing outside of high season to offer short breaks from 3 nights upwards. We do charge a higher pro-rata rate than for a full week, as our changoever costs are a constant amount (linen, cleaning, laundry etc) .

Same here
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@garethjomo, we're now open to "odd" dates in our apartments as well. Slightly more expensive per night the shorter the stay is.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you talk directly to an agency in the resort, you're more likely to find them flexible (compared to a UK tour operator). We own an apartment in the 4 Valleys and last year, our Agency emailed us to ask would we be interested in a rental in the off-peak period but it would only be for 5 days over a Weekend, pro-rata. Their point was that we didn't have a booking for the two weeks this spanned anyway, and nothing was in the pipeline. So we said OK. We could have held out for a week's charge, but we were happy to approve it.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 7-01-15 17:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@msej449, nor sure I would be happy to cut out two weeks though for just a 5 day break. I usually only release short breaks once my peak weeks are full, and only if it adjoins another booking. Usually leaves me with a big enough gap for at least another week, or two more short breaks.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@HellsBells Yes, it was a difficult decision, but quite close to the time, so we knew that we didn't have anything booked through either the agency, our own contacts, or ourselves. Of course, you are always a bit concerned about what line an Agency is spinning you: In another thread I mention that after refurbishing our place, the Agency was giving us bookings preferentially over other owners: they said they were getting a bit fed up with other owners who didn't maintain their apts. and then complained about low rental levels. It seemed somewhat self-fulfilling to me, however, in that if owners didn't get bookings then they wouldn'e be in a posiiton to maintain and refurbish .....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

@msej449, nor sure I would be happy to cut out two weeks though for just a 5 day break. I usually only release short breaks once my peak weeks are full, and only if it adjoins another booking. Usually leaves me with a big enough gap for at least another week, or two more short breaks.

we take some long offpeak weekends ourselves so are relaxed about selling adjacent weekends
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy