Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Air Canada - Star Alliance - Strict Luggage rules?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi y'all!

Not having taken Air Canada in donkey's ages, I will be heading out to YVR/Whistler and checked about luggage, as one does on Air Canada's website.

Economy:
Checked luggage seems to be a total linear length of 158cm and 23Kgs
Hand luggage is 23 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm to a max of 10Kgs
Personal Item 16 cm x 33 cm x 43 cm to a max of 10 Kgs

Star Alliance partners are more or less that same except Hand and Personal Items are limited to 8Kgs.

Given recent articles that Air Canada is clamping down drastically on hand luggage size/ weight on domestic flights, I was wondering if any one knew if AC was just as strict on Checked luggage on long haul... 158cm can be quite resrtictive...

Thanks for any views/ advice etc...

I know that the best advice is to keep to all dimensions and weight... Very Happy

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We got clobbered by Air Canada on the way home; my mother in law had bought lots of gifts in Whistler (because obviously you can't get maple syrup in the UK rolling eyes ) and her suitcase was way over. She had to buy a second bag and pay the extra. We were able to put some of her stuff in our bags though. They fortunately didn't weigh our snowboard bag (it had my new skis hidden in it)...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
per person 1 bag 23kgs , 70 can dollars for extra bag / ski gear , pre register 24hrs before departure through air canada reservations . just looked cos im going out in feb
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have gone to Calgary or Vancouver every year for the past 11 years, sometimes both. Always on Air Canada - very mixed experiences. Sometimes the check in agent is very fussy, other times not so. The most fussy are the UK agents. Always strict on weight, have never had anyone measure our bags, but they are probably within the permitted dimensions to be honest. The linear length does not apply to ski bags AFAIK - I think it says so somewhere in the details. Have a great trip!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@f1l, don't forget hand luggage - up to 10kg and one extra personal item up to 10kg. Ski bag can be counted as your checked luggage if you want.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy