Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

will it snow at easter in Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know no one has a crystal ball however i am meant to be going to les gets , france at easter and i was wondering what is everyones opinions on what the snow will be like there, thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Traditionally, a late and rubbish start to the season leads to an early finish. Good luck!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You may want to prebook a PDS area pass just in case. That covers Avoriaz and should be more 'snow sure' than Les Gets. This will avoid Xmas week issues.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@zzz, that's exactly what I heard. The last time I recall the snow being this poor this early (2009/10 season IIRC), it was paddling pools in the garden at 22 degrees on Easter Sunday. Luckily, I had chosen to go to Canada to ski instead of Les Gets.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
But no-one can really predict.

And there's a big difference between "will there be snow" and "will it snow".

I would wager that you don't actually want it to snow when you're there. Much better to have nice warm spring skiing conditions and lots of jolly late lunches.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jamesHDsandy, welcome to snowHead s

You are right, no crystal balls. I have skied in Les Gets lots of times early April and not been disappointed (elsewhere in that poor year 2011 wink but it was pants there too at 1800m). As @Mike-H mentions, there is always Avoriaz as back up. If you do buy a local Les Gets/Morzine pass and want to upgrade to a PDS while in resort for a day or whatever, do it at the Office de Tourisme ski desk the evening before, where you used to get a small discount.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were in Foy last Easter and it was about 23 degrees on one particularly hot day. However, we still managed to ski every day; just had to find the sweet spot before it turned to marshmallow lumps. Then we hit the bar for a bit of sunbathing. Best of both worlds. We will be back this Easter too but this time I AM packing my flip flops and shorts... as most people were dressed accordingly and we had only got 'ski attire' with us. Big mistake.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks very much everyone, I guess I'll Have to make do whatever happens and get ready for some après without the ski Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jamesHDsandy, have you skied late March/April before? If not, be prepared for a different experience - usually hard, icy pistes first thing, softening mid morning, then soft in the afternoon. Make the most of the snow until it gets too soft for your liking and then have long sunny lunches (though my OH likes to get good value from his pass and skis as long as the lifts are going or his legs fail)
Not unusual to have fresh snow too. It's a bit like a winter/summer combo holiday - lovely snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I love skiing at Easter in the PDS. Have had everything from BBQ's on the terrace to waist deep powder. Roll the dice and take your chance, I will be Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy