Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginer insperation for early march :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I havent tried the seal skins on yet the guy who gave me them said i could stand in a bucket of water n keep dry feet.. I feel i may test this at some point. Lol
Been looking at loads of stuff from sports direct socks being one of them campri ski tube ones got ladies as think they'll fit me better(x4 each).. Also got campri thermals which seemed to have good reviews(x2each). Of for a look in TKmax n Sports direct to see if theres owt we can try on and pass a couple of aldi's so will have a look Smile

Havent thought about charity shops but call me a prude would preffer ourselves to put the clothes through there paces..we'll stick with full length LJ's easy fix if needs. I'm sure u can come up with an excuse to wear the bottoms at somepoint.. Either sea fishing or as you walking the dog..

Looking at a outer jacket thats rated at 3000mm.. Will that be enough?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still looking in to clothes.. And i've seen so cheapy salopettes but not sure if there up to the job.. http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-meribel-skiing-pants-mens-404500?colcode=40450069#customerreviews

It says there 100% cotton... From what i've read thats no good for ski pants?

Also chatting to a dude the other day he recomends helmets? Whats peoples views on them?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@shaunyski, I share your doubts about cotton ski trousers. these might be better - and cheaper! http://www.decathlon.co.uk/evostyle-loose-mens-ski-pants-grey-id_8156146.html

On the Decathlon website anything with their Wedze brand will be OK, good value even when not in their sale.

Helmets. well, just a few years ago practically nobody would be wearing a helmet. Now lots of people are - probably a majority. It's really up to you. They can be expensive, but needn't be. Some Sports Direct shops have them.

T K Maxx is often a good place for ski gear, and you can try stuff on, if you have one near you.

If you have a Decathlon near you that would be good - but they are few and far between.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@shaunyski, check to see what you local Aldi or Lidl have. Not sure when they last sold their ski kit but they often have some kit knocking about in the baskets left over from their kit sale. Might be able to pick up some bits at a relatively low cost.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w,
Ended up getting the majority from sports direct.. Got some stuff from decathlon thanx for the heads up Wink had tp send my salopettes back though as they where too small and more green than blue.. Been quite impressed with there after sales service's.. Jst waiting for conformation on some snow boots on dtock to order for myself..

@hammerite,
Had a look in tk max n lidl, aldi and although there where a few bits nothing to really put a set together...

Well everythings almost sorted.. well gear bought, had to make an orange snood, lol and not too sure about my salopettes? think there abit big (pulled up like simon cowell and still come under my heel)

Booked in for a couple of lessons at xscape 23rd..

And now jst waiting for a deal somewhere on 28th(ish)
The prices seem to have gone up since i was looking before so trying to wait for a late deal but worried might struggle for a package of everything..

Kind of got our heart set on borovets but open to other offers.. would like finland (yllas or levi) to hopefully get a glimpse of northen lights.. Also heard andora (arinsal)can be good and slovakia (jasna/chopok) would like austria but prices for everything seem to be high..

If anyones got any views on these places or how long i should risk leaving it for late deal?? Would be great thanx
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DIY snood Wink

Wherever we end up they wont miss a couple of bright balls rolling down the hill, lol
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy