Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Meribel / Les Allues veterans?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm staying in Les Allues for Feb half term and just wondering what the likelihood of the 'villages' run back down into Les Allues is of being open? I know it obviously depends on conditions but I'm just wondering if it has opened up the last couple of seasons or so?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At the end of January last year the piste back to Les Allues was officially closed, and had not been pisted, but the piste markers were up and it was skiable by a competent skier. It wasn't clear to me why they hadn't yet opened it, and I'm not sure if they did open it later in the season. I would say if it's not open by Feb half term then they're unlikely to open it at all, so I would expect you'll be OK if the weather provides the necessary snow by then.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, kieranm. Fingers crossed then!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One do the few runs where I often dip the Piste Ferme markers ... I have often, maybe wrongly assumed that this is closed because the pisteurs don't bother to open it, or don't do so until late in the day (I have followed pisteurs down late morning and there is often no obvious reason why it might not have been opened earlier). However it is not a lot of fun if it is icy or thin.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wrong thread....

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 4-01-15 15:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ansta1, wrong thread?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Indeed.
Embarassed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I skiied there with Ski Blanc prbably half a dozen times. Only once was it really skiable, which was after a huge dump. We found it easier and less stressful to drive up and park in the underground car park which was only two euros when we were last there.

If you're skiing with Ski Blanc I hope it's still as good as it was!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@brenmcc1, I would be very surprised if it's not open in February but be aware it's not really a piste - just a glorified path through the trees and fields.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have stayed in Les Allues many times over the last few years as sons both work and live out there for the winter. It certainly wasn't open when we were there Xmas week (the worst snow we have had in 3V in 25 years!) It is normally skiable most of the season even if it claims to be closed. You do need to know where you are going however so best to do it when 'open ' first. We will be back mid-January and I'd expect it to be open. We have even skied down to Brides once but that was more like 'combat skiing', definitely not pisted!
Its easiest to get the free shuttle buses up and down. Quite handy for Ski Blanc chalets.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In March2013 it was open but thin in places. The upper half to raffort is open most of the season when I've been there.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sounds promising then considering the snow seems to be coming in a little more now. I can imagine it's easy enough to get the bus down but would like the novelty of boarding down Smile. I'm staying in a ski hame chalet. Haven't seen any specific reviews for the place but they seems to be spoken of positively in general here.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Think I'd rather ski down there rather than board, if it's icy, more like a bob run, and some flat sections
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's fine. I can always lie down on the board instead Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy