Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Wisdom goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from the mountains having had ideal conditions to try out my new Wisdom HI Blue/Yellows ... ie: heavy snow & low cloud with very mixed visibility.

They were very good indeed ... rarely steamed up and seemed to be almost self-clearing when they did. Even after face planting in powder it was not too difficult to clear them. I seemed to make out the slope contours & bumps pretty well for the vast majority of the time despite the bad condtions ... only when the cloud came in very heavily was I not able to make out the surface at least the next few metres ahead.

Despite letting in 83% light they were also ok when the sun popped out a couple of times.

Well happy with my new purchase.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichA, I'm pleased you're pleased.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, I'm pleased you're pleased about RichA being pleased.

I'm an back bottom, but i found it funny.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nick-o wrote:
spyderjon, I'm pleased you're pleased about RichA being pleased.

I'm an back bottom, but i found it funny.

I'm more pleased than all three of you put together, and then some. But I'm also jet-lagged, so it could be that which is making me feel so pleased.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i'm well well well pleased Laughing

Just bought some Oakley Wisdoms on tinterweb and they were delivered today!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whats the name of the oakley lens that makes everythinig really bright?... and are they any good?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick-o, HI Yellow. And yes, they are excellent.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BTW. Does anyone know how to adjust the Wisdoms for use with helmet? i was told you just flip the straps, but it isn't obvious and i would hate to break them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski Bat, No you don't flip the strap. You have to buy the Wisdom helmet strap - it's about £12 & includes fitting instructions.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just to note - Oakley have brought out a new model goggle 'Crowbar' apparently specifically for helmet use (Unusual name - spot any relevance?). No need for additional strap etc. Check it out here here

Has any snowHead purchased or tried out these?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This might sound weird... but... I've got a really thin head and i often have a problem finding sunglasses that arent too wide on my face - i also have this problem the ski goggles, can anyone recommend some that arent that big?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bernard Condon, They must be very new as they weren't on the website a couple of weeks ago. Can't see any reference to being helmet specific in the text though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

can anyone recommend some that arent that big

a mate of mine just bought some Oakley A- frames cos he recokoned is head was too small for the Wisdoms .. i think you can then get the same lenses in those.

btw spyderjon, i am also pleased Little Angel you're pleased Little Angel i'm pleased Little Angel .. thanks for your advice the other week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, I spoke to Oakley by telephone at their london store...

London O Store
1 - 4 King Street
Covent Garden
London, England WC2E 8HH
Phone: 0207 395 6070
Fax: 0207 395 6071
infouk@oakley.com

That's where I got the information regarding Helmet Specific, but you are correct - it's not in the Goggle description on Oakleys website, which is an omission. Any potential buyers best double check with Oakley. I have decided on Wisdoms.

By the way - Oakley London shop's mail order service is top class. As I was such a very, very good boy this year, Santa's treated me to a pair of Wisdoms. He ordered them yesterday afternoon and they were delivered here this morning! Now for this part of the world THAT is a record. Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nick-o, Forgot to add - Having done a bit of research on goggles, esp Oakley, it might be worth trying on their 'Alternative Fit' version of the 'Wisdom' and 'Crowbar' goggles. It's probably best done in an Oakley store that has the full stock range. It may also be worth trying on the 'Womens' version of these goggles as they seem to be a reduced size. Other manufacturers may also sell these alternative versions. snowHead
ski holidays
I was given the wrong info then. Have checked out all the local Oakley retailers and got the same info... "you can buy them; but we don't have any; but you probably wont need them".

Have just tried them with my helmet and they seem fine, so i'll leave them for now. Back to being well pleased Laughing
latest report
Bernard Condon, I don't know if they were named for the moto cross market ( can't see much relevance in the name for that either though ) as I have seen them for sale in moto-x for a while now.

I have just managed to get a good deal on a pair of wisdoms with spare lenses. I was going to get the helmet strap but have found they fit it fine as they are. The only down side possibly is the lovely shade of snot green that they are.
snow report
Thought I'd add a belated comment on the Oakley HI Blue lens - absolutely awesome.
We had a couple of days last week when we were in the clouds.

I have never used a lens which has been more effective in low light (had the permisson lens before).

Best 65 quid I spent this year

Highly recommended.
ski holidays
They do them in snot green Shocked hmmmm
snow report
obelix67, Snot green I believe is not what they would choose to market them as, but its close enough, a colour that doesn't go with anything which suits me just fine.
latest report
Nick-o, Aswell as Oakley, Von Zipper do a smaller frame.
snow report
I bought some new Oakley goggles in St Anton last week, couldn't find any with Hi Yellow lens, so got the Pink Irridium instead, and they seem pretty good in flat light, better than my old persimmon lens were.
ski holidays
I have a slim face and after trying on loads of brands I found the A frames a great fit. Went for the persimmon lenses - ok in sun but great in low light.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy