Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble Airport to Brides les Bains Transfer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend and I are flying into Grenoble and need to transfer to Brides les Bains on New Year's Eve. All the transfer services I can find online quote outrageous prices - around 900 euro for a round trip(!).

Any suggestions on how to make that transfer affordable, apart from hiring a car?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kamerau, No - hire a car. You can get there by train and bus but it would take forever and involve several changes. Hire a cheap one it shouldn't cost anything like as much as the transfer cost.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kamerau, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

If you really can't hire a car then:

Have you tried looking at the cost of shared transfers on www.a-t-s.net ? They were quoting me substantially less than 900euro for two in Easter to Val Thorens.

Alternatively you could look at the bus schedules on www.altibus.com as easiski, said there is a good chance you would have to change.

Proviso here - I've not actually done either of the above (yet).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks guys. i think we'll rent a car after all, and get over our concerns about driving on the "wrong" side of the road. I hate to sound like a complete novice (what the hell, I am a complete novice), but should we get snow tyres and tyre chains as part of the rental?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kamerau, Yes - one or the other may come in handy, but you probably won't need them. Don't worry about the wrong side of the road. As long as you nromally look sufficiently far ahead then it's really a non issue. Only thing is changing gear with the other hand, but if you're right handed it's loads easier!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy