Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tv in resorts

Poster: A snowHead
I have seen it asked about a lot and have found the perfect device. As long as you can connect to the net you can have an android box. Connects to net and tv and has all the movies you could want plus tv and all sports. Mine cost £85, well worth it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
got a link?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plenty on eBay. Search for android box xbmc
Bought mine in local computer shop. Took 2 mins to set up
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks quite interesting... basically a tablet that has an hdmi out.
I assume it will still need to be identified as being in the UK to use any live streaming/catch-up services.
I use the localcast app to connect a stream from a phone or tablet to a chromecast or apple TV.
I haven't found a tidy way of changing the DNS in an android device without it being unlocked, even then it was a bit iffy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It doesn't have a screen, and I was told this will work anywhere with it using apps to stream.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
you will still be restricted due to location just like on a pc when you try to stream, technically it does work anywhere but only if the service allows you.

@flangesax, cant you just change it on the router?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well I can watch all American channels and other countries already on mine, it's just a case of installing the correct app. I have not had to do anything to hide my location.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@graeme, where are you?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Near Newcastle.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@graeme, so how do you know UK channels will work in europe?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know that foreign channels are working here, I came on to post an idea, if people want to pull it to bits I won't bother next time. If it works it works, if it doesn't then personally I dont give a fook
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@graeme, I'm not pulling it to bits. I had read into it...mistakenly... That you are using it overseas at the moment or that you had some other information
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
he is using it overseas!
The UK is overseas as far as US TV is concerned.

If that works why wouldnt UK in France etc?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rungsp, fair enough..but I'd like to see a report on whether UK channels will work before investing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@graeme, sorry mate... not ripping you to bits or having a moan. Just pointing out it may not be the 'perfect device' for anyone who wants to watch UK TV overseas.
The apps may have a built in VPN/DNS/Proxy already built in to them which will allow them to work. I haven't found an app that does this yet so am pretty intrigued what apps the box is running. If you could let me know the names then I can have a go at installing them this end to give them a try.
I had a look at the ones on ebay and the info doesn't really say what apps it is running or whether it has got around geolocation.

@geeo, yes and no... I have a guest house and there is no way of splitting the DNS between my guest and private networks without getting another router... I already have 4 but I think I have another one kicking about so may pop that one in if I find it!

I'm surprised that the sky box also allows you to edit DNS. I have that working too.
My PS3 does iplayer and all the other UK ones plus I have the sky box if I need it.
Then the android tablet does the live feeds chucked over to the chromecast using the localcast app.
snow conditions
@graeme, et al..

A couple of friends of mine have purchased and road tested an android box like you described above (droidsticks.co.uk).
They say it works really well and all channels stream. It also has 'updates for life'.
I am still sceptical in the longevity of this product as 'all the channels' also include ppv sports and movies from Sky.

So strike whilst the iron is hot IMO...
latest report
Droidsticks looks fantastic! Will get one and report back on functionality.
latest report
You can now access your NetFlix account in France woo-hoo! We used it over the new year. Down side I did not get as much French listening practice in as I had intended.
ski holidays
http://www.filmon.com/#
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy