Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Almost scared to mention....driving home tomorrow.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, after our mammoth (first) drive to the Alps last Saturday ( skimaggedon?!) 20hrs from Macon - supposed to be 3 and a half hrs drive. What am I to expect tomorrow? Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated. Have to say, we've had an awesome week in La Rosiere so glad for the snow! Sorry if a little incoherent, too many vin chaud!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Leave early because the roads will be busy - if you go at 10:00 along with everyine else you will sit in traffic. I'd get up early and go about 07:00, then get brekkie somewhere north of Lyon.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go now!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marcellus wrote:
Go now!!!

This has to be good advice.
Even if you go and tell the family to pack and you are going to leave at 10 pm and drive in shifts to get to mid france and then have a nap, at least you will be away from the major spots

Good luck

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 2-01-15 21:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which thread do I post in Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Leave by 0700 at the latest. Or, better, enjoy the day skiing on quiet slopes (though the weather doesn't look great) then leave about 5, drive 5 hours north then stop for the night.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^+1 even early morning can be busy New Years week as the TO's exit town at an unhealthy hour. Bon voyage
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are leaving Sunday morning,should be less busy than Saturday change over day, but having driven down last Saturday am mentally scarce by the 24 hours it took from Reims!!!!! Good luck alll
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I always avoid leaving on changeover days - Left Morzine at 7 this morning -rolled onto 3:20 ferry at Calais , I always book the ferry around 5pm , and if we arrive early 9 times out of 10 get on an earlier sailing but if it's longer trip through france then there is a bit of a contingency built in.
I should say that we have been in Morzine for 3 weeks so didn't mind leaving today although however long we are there for I always want another couple of days Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
my best advice if you're leaving tonoght/tomorrow morning is to ski today, go out for dinner and then set off after dinner.... possibly only as far as Lyon if from Tarentaise/3Vs/LDA/ADH or Bourg-en-Bresse if from the Northern Alpes.

You'll be behind todays rush and ahead of tomorrows and will probably have a relatively clear run!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy