Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee (or Zermatt if necessary) looking for a boot fitter recommendation?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So pretty much as per the thread title. Need a bootfittter recommendation in Saas area preferably Saas Fee but will travel to visp or zermatt if there's a really good recommendation there. So please give me your recommendations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Questions.....................

Assuming you are in the greater Saas region, yes? Are we talking new or existing boots? Critical fitting and balance need or simply general better fitting? How much time can you devote to this.......? One hour, two hours, a day...................??? How important?

Thanx.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In Saas Fee right now.

Existing boots.

Simple version of events is life got in the way and i haven't been skiing in nearly 3 years. Not sure whether the boots or my feet have changed in the intervening period of time but they're causing me alot of pain now. However they're around10 years old at this point so if i'm told by someone who really knows wht they're doing that I'd be better off with new boots cause of blah, blah, blah then it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I'm here till the 10th so can devote whatever time is necessary though ideally i'd prefer not to spend an entire day getting it sorted.

How important is skiing without pain? I'd guess somewhere between quite, extremely and a bit more than that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Other half, mum and dad all had boots fitted by the older guy in the intersport down by the Rio/Bristol hotel, in fact I think OH's mum has had 2 sets from there in recent years (own out there and skis most of the season). All have been able to go back during the week for adjustments and been happy with service and fit. Always new boots though so can't comment on adjusting of an existing pair.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know about Sass Fee....
But Julien sport in Zermatt is the local boot fitting store that was recommended to me by those in the know.
Was there on a BASI course recently and had similar panic issues that need to be resolved.
In comparison to say, Cham or Verbier there are (apparently) few stores that offer "professional" boot fitting in Zermatt.
Not particularly cheap, as to be expected of CH, but they did a good job.
http://www.julensport.ch/

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 1-01-15 23:40; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you had more time I'd suggest a trip over to Oberland to see the best guy in the business. He's about two plus hours away once in Visp and he is the best but in his absence my first thought is a known (Glacier Sport, Zermatt) whom I can recommend. But........, what is up with their affiliate in Sass Fee as I know there's a Glacier Sport in Sass Fee?
If the store in Saas Fee is not set up to correct boots, their cousin in Zermatt is. I'd first go to the Sass Fee store and see what they (might) have up their sleeve. Failing that I'd like to think they'd be so kind to assist you with their Zermatt affiliate.
To the best of my knowldge the folks at Glacier Sport are the best within the region and really know what they are doing. Julen Sport are next and are also in Zermatt. The Glacier Sport store is on your left as you walk up from the station on BahnhofStr., about three minutes from the station (train) terminus. I think it's about a solid 2 hour trip between the bus and train connection over to Zermatt unless you find something better which you should check into as the two villages are only about 20 miles apart by road and maybe something is better/quicker. At this time I do not know anything outside of the PostBus and train combo. Look into that.
I know that Glacier are open at least till 18:00 so the possibility of getting a morning of skiing in and then getting over to Zermatt, getting the job done and then back is not beyond the realm of possibility. It's just the essential 2 hour trip that is significant, especially at night. If Sass Fee cannot accomodate your needs then have them arrange for you and you could at least sort particulars out over the phone prior to arrival so there would be no surpises..........., e.g., they'd definitely have their guy there when you arrive, etc. Just get your ducks in order before you take the precious time out of yor day and it is precious, I can well appreciate that.

It's not a caveat, but please understand going in that fitting charges are typically rated by the hour and after about two hours many skiers start to realize that simply buying a new set of boots - that include free fitting - might have been in many instances the better way to go.

Hopefully it's a simple one hour affair and your boots are what they should be. Boot pain alone is no joke. If one is not comfortable be it above all within their boots, or their clothing no matter how great the snow, the scenery, the senoritas it's nearly all for naught. But you knew that. Best of luck.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go to Intersport Glacier in Saas Fee, next to Hotel Bristol as Lampygirl says. Ask for Pio or Tiziano, they are as good as any in the area and should sort you out with no problem.
Enjoy your holiday, we have great snow at the moment.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy