Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

folgarida/marilleva? Anybody out there or just got back?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, heading out to folgarida in couple of weeks, wondered what the conditions are like, I've see runs to resort aren't open and they don't seem to of had much snow...... Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pretty good based on photos I've seen on Fbook from Schneeweissprosecco - off piste looks a little rocky, but the pistes look like they are in great condition. Skied the madonna side today and "having a great time"
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bertie bassett, can you ski back to Folgarida village at the moment? Looking at staying there but only if we can ski down from hotel to Madonna connection
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Juddernaut, They certainly were skiing to Madonna from the folgarida side - I'll ask whether you can ski back to the base station.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bertie bassett, You can't ski down INTO Folgarida at the moment, the black run is closed and only the very bottom of the blue is open to allow clients at the hotel on the piste to ski down to the gondola station in the village. I don't know what the situation is regarding skiing back down into Maddona di Campiglio.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Iski, Thanks for that update

@juddernaut - that's direct from the slopes as Iski is also out there at the moment
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looking more like Obergurgl for us now. Bummer. Thanks.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh well, too difficult to change our plans now, too many people!! Can't see any snow forecast at all for the next week...... Fingers crossed the snow cannons do their thing!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From ilmeteo.it

http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo-lungo-termine/Folgarida

and loads of webcams here.... http://www.ski.it/IT/Webcam/

..Nick
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have just spoken on the phone to Wayne (Ski Instructor at the Folgarida Ski School) and he has told me that it is not possible at the moment to ski down to the village. The blue down to resort is fully skiable but it is closed, although many people (not instructors as they are not allowed to) ski down it each day.

In Folgarida all runs, except the runs back to resort and 18 Panoramica (the road from Spolverino back to the ski school area) are fully open.

The night skiing on the Black has been moved to night skiing on the Blue. You take the same chair up but then ski along the route (about 200m) through the trees from the start of the illuminated section down the Blue.

The link to/from Madonna is fully open and has very good snow cover. There is good coverage in all areas in Madonna. The bottom of the runs in Marrileva, where they are join together next the ski school are is a bit icey, but other than this it's fine, except the bottom half of the Black has been closed as the snow blowers are running full time.

If you have any more questions please post them here and I will find out the answer.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for info. Still a chance we may end up in MDC as we are struggling to find digs in Obergurgl
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the updates @Lisa_BrentaSki, I'm coming out on 18th so any further updates greatly appreciated! Been no snow for a while I think so hoping we are due some before we arrive. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for updates, we've got a few weeks to go yet (25th jan) so fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Thanks for the updates @Lisa_BrentaSki, I'm coming out on 18th so any further updates greatly appreciated! Been no snow for a while I think so hoping we are due some before we arrive.

if the weather doesn't change again a 25cm plus forecast for 17th/18th January so you could be in luck!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just booked Obergurgl. Is Google maps right when it says it is a 4 hour drive to MDC? I assume a mountain pass which shortens journey is closed or something?
latest report
@Juddernaut, Yes, there is only the Timmelsjoch road from Pustertal that leads directly from Italy and it is closed not only all winter but also in summer to any coaches other than the ones with a special pass. It is a private toll road, cost me 18 euro one way last time I used it about 3 ago!
snow conditions
annoying. OG is 4km from Italy but it is a three hour drive to get there.
ski holidays
The run all the way from the mid station down to the resort (Blue No 2) is now fully open.
The black run (No 1) will be open by next week.
ski holidays
@Lisa_BrentaSki, snowHead nice one , keep the reports coming !
snow report
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated, keep them coming!!
latest report
My goodness I hope this is true! @first lift up.

Thanks again @Lisa_BrentaSki.
ski holidays
I see on the piste map the bubble from 1300 is closed?! And there dosn't look like there is anyone on the runs for the webcams? What's going on?!?
latest report
@cbowls30, think I saw something on fb about high winds and some stuff being closed temporarily?
snow conditions
cbowls30 wrote:
I see on the piste map the bubble from 1300 is closed?! And there dosn't look like there is anyone on the runs for the webcams? What's going on?!?

The main cable car from Folgarida town was closed yesterday until 11am due to high winds.

Empty Pistes?
Just the end of the holiday period. Remember the the Russian New Year is one week after ours, so Italians ski (lots) over New Year and Russians ski (lots) over the (Russian) New Year, so in mid Jan you can have the place to yourself.

PS. The big storm that is hitting the UK right now is due to hit the Dolomites by the end of the week.
Major snow fall on the way.
See here http://www.brentaski.com/pages/holiday_weather_forecast.html
snow report
@Lisa_BrentaSki, thanks for the update, hopefully see you in February again.
snow report
Thanks for the info! Only two weeks until we arrive so fingers crossed its snowy and quiet!! Thanks!
ski holidays
Hi all Arriving on Saturday 17th - Bergamo at about 1700 and driving up - what are the roads like please? Clearly if loads of snow this week it will be different but a heads up would be nice thanks Geoff
snow report
From Bergamo, which isn't really in Milan, regardless of what the airlines would have us think, as you're arriving in the dark, I may be tempted to just stay on the motorway. Drive to Verona and then the take the northwards motorway up to Trento and go through the new tunnel (come off at the Trento North/Nord exit). The section after this is windy for a few miles then opens up in a major road all the way to Male. It's then only 10 minutes up the hill to the town.

Make sure your GPS is up to date with maps as the new tunnel is not on many. A good idea is to compare the section north West from the Trento North exit and see if is the same as google maps, which does show the new tunnel. The tunnel will cut around 45 mins off the trip.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Brilliant - many thanks - not sure if I noticed the tunnel at all on a quick look at the GPS earlier - more detailed examination needed

I thought the motorway was prob the best bit as you say.

Thanks Geoff
latest report
Can any of the locals give an update on snow conditions please as we're coming out at half-term. Also is there any reason other than lack of snow that the Vagliana lift isn't operating?

Thanks
snow conditions
@stevew, conditions are excellent. This is a slideshow from last week, and since then it has snowed a bit more. Cold temperatures keeping pistes in good condition.

http://youtube.com/v/jkPprVr7ODQ&spfreload=10
snow conditions
Looks good, thanks for the update and pictures
snow conditions
Heading out on Sunday, stopping in the St Rapheal in Madonna with my daughter. Really looking forward to it now. Looks like snow Saturday, Sunday and Monday, probably a little too much for comfort for a late Sunday transfer.

Anyone else out there to catch up with?
ski holidays
@stevew, I'll be there with wife and two daughters. St Raphael too. See you on a bus come Sunday.

Much excitement here too.
snow conditions
Look forward to meeting you, what time's your flight coming in? Our's get's into Venice at 19:30.
latest report
Looking at this area next half term, could folk out there this half term please let me know how busy the pistes and lifts get?
latest report
kitenski wrote:
Looking at this area next half term, could folk out there this half term please let me know how busy the pistes and lifts get?

No! That would be letting the cat out of the bag Very Happy

In all truth, we've been the last couple of years and never really had to queue for anything other than the odd stopped lift and the Groste gondola just after ski schools have finished.
snow conditions
Cheers @stevew, seeing as your just up the road, did you fly and if so what flights worked out??

Have you done it via a package or DIY?
ski holidays
@stevew, we're leaving early tomorrow so might be a few beers ahead of you…
snow conditions
We have used Wayne's company BrentaSki. He uses scheduled flights to Venice and seems to book up hotels in both Madonna and Folgarida. The transfer is long but it's good value for money.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy