Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switching between blades and skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
a friend and i bought blades out in sauze in feb we are both advanced skiers both raced at some point for the forces the main problem we found is we couldnt stop laughing at each other they where so much fun just larking around on the slopes although we did learn they dont flex much so be careful with little bumps eg the ones when you come back to the slope after a run in the trees got a funny shaped collar bone as a result other than that highly recomend giving them ago like a cross between skiing and ice skating just 100% fun. we'd generaly ski in the mornings while our friends where having lessons then switch to blades in the afternoon as our friends where beginers so wanted to keep them on the easy runs and still have lots of fun
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mark: Head Big Easy have a release system (so their site says) that accounts for sideways pressure, as well as back and front and the toe peice is in two halves that seperate if you twist the boot toe sideways. So perhaps this developement eliminates some of the potential problems. An injury clinic website i came across last year (and i can't for the life of me remember it's name, but i must have used a search engine and put "Snow Blade Injuries in") said that the number of injuiries was not due to the equipment, but because people feel so much more confident in their abilities and skills when using them, that they start to do things they would not normally do. So they are going faster, turing more steeply and trying jumps and tricks and actually looking for obsticles to test them in!!! So the moral of the story is, "take care - you can have too much of a good thing". If you go to skiboards.com there is so much stuff on there about them, most of your questions and concernes will be answered and if not, email them, they have a great support team that will answer any questions you have. My hubby uses skis and blades and has no problem switching, whereas, I stick to blades, no point in going backwards to the days of mooching about on the nursery runs!!! (in skis)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I was in Austria last week I saw some skiboards with what looked very much like snowboard "flow" bindings which for non- boarder are those where you push your toes under a thick strap and then lift a plate up against your heel to lock the foot in place. I realise that these are not release bindings but I make this point only to ask the question "does anyone know what these are and why they have been developed as opposed to the "traditional" blade binding
Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy