Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Gear & US online stores

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, who's getting new gear and what are you thinking about?

I've got a h-on for the new Yes Jackpot and may pair it up with Contact Pros. I can save about £100+ buying in the states but the local shop to Park City wants me to pay now and pick it up when I get there. They're not offering any extra discount but don't want to risk selling out by Feb. I guess I could by from any retailer really and have them delivered to the hotel but don't want to wait around for a delivery.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went to check out the new Sail and Ski store in Chester today as we were in the area and walked out with a pair of Burton Rulers Very Happy
Roll on Christmas
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ive got a new ladies ortovox backpack. On the lookout for a decent ladies jacket but the import charges will sting
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I feel a kit refresh coming on. Jones Mountain Twin is doing it for me so far this year teamed with a, set of Union Forces maybe...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Full proper avalanche kit...

Import from US not too bad, but the UK VAT you pay on the cost + the shipping costs adds 20% and so I have found that it is quite tricky to save more than maybe £10-20 on £ several hundred. Barely worth it in my view, unless you're actually going to be there physically (in which case, if you don't need to new gear before you get to Park City it sounds like a good deal to me).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We (at Absolute-Snow) will price match online deals from the US so you can cut out all of the risk and uncertainty about shipping costs, import duty and VAT - plus you get the after sales service and warranty support from a UK retailer. Oten our prices are lower when everything is factored in but sometimes you can save a few quid.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
that is ace to know @paulmc,
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If buying in the US, don't forget TTF.

As someone in a Canadian shop put it to me, you look at the price on the label. It looks cheap. Then Tax. Tax. ****!

(Most US/Canadian list prices don't include either local or federal sales tax).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@paulmc, so the Jackpot is $448.95 from evo with no sales tax or shipping to Utah. That makes it £280. Price match that and i'll be up there soon!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am not going to discuss individual deals on a public forum. If you would like a price match, please visit our website and fill in the price match form for the product you are interested in - there is a link to it from the relevant product page. Please remember to include ALL the costs, as others have identified in this string.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry, just spotted you are in Utah. THis is a completely different situation. I was offering to price match for UK customers wanting to import from the US.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boardiac wrote:
Full proper avalanche kit...

Import from US not too bad, but the UK VAT you pay on the cost + the shipping costs adds 20% and so I have found that it is quite tricky to save more than maybe £10-20 on £ several hundred. Barely worth it in my view, unless you're actually going to be there physically (in which case, if you don't need to new gear before you get to Park City it sounds like a good deal to me).

I got stung with that but remember you need to factor in the Duty as well + a bloody handling fee, I bought gloves from a US store and got battered and ended up paying about £3.60 MORE which my wife never lets me forget, she's good like that.

So I paid

US price
VAT
DUTY
SHIPPING
Handling fee from RM of £8.60 (for handling mail they are meant to handle anyway) and they wouldn't release the stuff before I paid n'all.

My view, not worth it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@paulmc, No Ride Capos on the site yet?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best to make an enquiry vis our website please. Over 25,000 products in stock (and growing each day with all of the new season stock arriving thick and fast) so one of the team will need to look it up for you.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thought I got a bargain from absolute snow the other day when I applied the black friday code into a Yes Jackpot order and saved £80. Unforetunately they contacted me the next day saying it was a system error so no Jackpot for me Sad I bit the bullet and bought it from Milosports in SLC and they will have it waiting for me in store when I arrive. Paid £294 for it Smile Cant believe how cheap things are stateside.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy