Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me a ski and/or snowboard instructor - Chatel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Following on from this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61150&start=80

Can you recommend me a private ski instructor in Chatel for my OH as per the above?

I am pondering having a couple of snowboard lessons too (of a level where I can ride switch on gentle terrain and having a lesson would hopefully improve my general technique and confidence), so a recommendation would be good for me too please!

Thanks in advance for any responses.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We had a private snowboard lesson with Sebastien Fourcade (06 07 60 05 62). He was teaching us 180s, piste-side jibbing, and we rode plenty of powder. ( 3 hr lesson ). He arrived 10 minutes late, as he was organizing the other instructors at PLJ, but he tacked on 30 mins extra at the end by way of compensation (the last thing my legs needed). Even tough he works for ESF, he did not just get us to follow him round for 3 hours saying "look at me - aren't I good", but he did drills, gave feedback, kept asking whet we would like to do next, he did not take us to his mate's over priced bar and get us to buy him a drink either. We did the lesson in French, but he does speak good English too. We booked him through ESF, but he said that if we ever wanted more lessons to call him directly. Out of courtesy to your fellow snow-heads, I would recommend that you call him of en evening, as you would not want him to be constantly on the phone during the day time when he should be teaching. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can recommend BASS Chatel (Peter Kuwall, Andy Freshwater et al) or Helen Trayfoot for ski lessons
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the recommendations and particularly to windofchange for the snowboarding (that will be for me!).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mr_merc, as per @abd can't recommend BASS Chatel highly enough, all the guys and girls brilliant but for your OH lacking self-confidence then I'd pick Matt Rivers, very calm and patient guy for building confidence. I've skied with BASS Chatel for 8 weeks, as has my son and lots of friends, I wouldn't keep coming back if they weren't fantastic snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy