Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mountain restaurants Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Would appreciate any suggestions for good mountain restaurants.Been in Les Arcs two days and not found anywhere decent yet.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easy.
La Vache
It's over at Plan Peisey. As you look down the mountain from, say, top of Peisey chairlift area, go down the runs on the left. La Vache is a little uphill of the Parchey chair lift, as you get within sight getting to the restaurant is easy to see. If there is a group of you booking would be a good idea, this week certainly. As luck would have it I have their card right here... 0479080463 (French number, obviously).
It's not marked on the piste map, presumably because they don't cough up.

(And no, I have no connection blah blah)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Actually, I also quite like Le Soliet, which is half way down to Villaroger, should be accessible now. All the lifts down that way were closed before snowmageddon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simple, Les Arcs has nowhere decent to eat.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blanche Muree. Mid station of the Transarc - come down the steps skis on and head straight over the piste to pick up a track. Follow this and the restaurant is on the left hand side after the sharp bend. Good food and great views right down the Tarantaise Valley.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Angus og, I like the Arpette - near the bottom of the lift of the same name. It's got a big red flag outside

Plat du jour in the self service is usually nice and the restaurant is good too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We like Chalets Des Arcs (sp?) in Arc 2000. Keep as far right as possible after going past the base of the Plagnettes chair and it is there on the left of the piste. Home baked bread and good food/service - but not cheap.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for both La Vache and Blanche Muree
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My favourites.

Bottom of aguille route.
And one 3/4 way down the reches red, turn left on the charmetoger blue.

Can't remember either's name, sorry.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
think la ferme is the one at bottom of aiguille rouge - it was good when we last visited but may have been desperation from the ski down Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Forgive the spelling mistakes. Damn autocorrect.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Standee, you obviously don't know Les Arcs very well. L'Ancolie in Peisey Nancroix was voted in the Telegraph top 20 mountain restaurants in Europe. hard to get into though without booking ahead. Try Beliou La Fume at the bottom of the blue run that starts at the bottom end of 1950 and goes down to the Pre St Espirit lift. the a la carte section of the self service restaurant next door is not bad either. The Mont Blanc in Vallandry is good for pub grub. the seafood at the Igloo shaped dome in the 2000 bowl is very good but better in Spring when you can sit in the sun with some wine. Blanche Muree and Chalet de L'Arc are good as others have said. There's a good new one last season in 1600 but I can't remember what it's called. hope you enjoy!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Belliou la Fumee is one of the best in the Alps on my scale, which is for fabulous food without the pretentious setting or service. L'Ancolie is not accessible from the piste.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Val Desire, +1 for Belliou la Fumée. I like Le Savoy at 2000 too. There are not a lot of good places at 1950 and above. Les Chalets de l'Arc also good, but the daughter of the owners runs a nicer place at Le Savoy in my experience. It would be nice if the menu changed a bit each season, though Belliou la Fumée offers a lot of variety, but only for lunch.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Most of the high-altitude mountain restaurants are fairly standard; the better restaurants are lower down.

Most of the high-altitude mountain restaurants are fairly standard. L'Arpette, near the Snow Park at the foot of the lift of the same name, is a good value self-service place (excellent omelettes) that transforms on Wednesday and Thursday nights to provide a reasonably priced and very good Savoyard set menu, with lashings of wine, followed by a torchlit descent down the mountain. Down in 2000, the restaurant by the bottom of Lanchettes (lots of deckchairs, no idea of the name) does the best vin chaud on the mountain in the face of pretty stiff competition, and delicious yet sensibly priced pasta and pizza. Over in Vallandry, the Bar Mont Blanc is very easily accessible, right at the bottom of the Grizzly lift, and does cheapish baked potatoes and cheesy chips as well as a more substantial lunch menu. Just by the Vanoise Express in Plan Peisey is Le Solan, proud purveyor of the best pizza on the mountain, as well as unusually friendly staff.
snow report
Define decent

In Vallandry I'd say Le Relax pretty much at foot of slope, good selection of meat, pasta, salads etc
latest report
Most expensive ever on-slope meal was at Arc 1600 - at the left hand end of the village looking down the slope.
Ancolie was a fine dining experience in a farmhouse - an expensive treat - not on the slopes though.
ski holidays
ansta1 wrote:
.........charmetoger blue..........

Autocorrected from 'show'em your todger' ? wink
snow report
La Caleche just up from Le relax in Vallandry, don't think it gets much better really, at least for for evening meals. There's also Le Refuge in Vallandry 'behind' La Caleche.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy