Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPro Mounts - Pros/Cons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Okay I realize there are numerous topics on this forum regarding GoPro and their alternative mounts as I have probably read about a dozen of them.

So my GoPro Hero comes with a helmet mount, however I am looking to purchase one other mount and I am stuck between three possibilities.

Chest Strap
Stick
Hand Strap (Sorry if these aren't the official names)

Numerous youtube videos and forum searches outweigh disadvantages and advantages for all three.

Chest Strap - the advantages for me would be: - totally hand free, therefore wouldn't impact your skiing ability
the disadvantage that i have found after visiting many sites was that it seems to wobble and move a lot more, and you don't get much of "you" in the video as your constantly behind the camera.

Stick - Advantage - can prop it up in bars for Apres Ski shots. Takes good shots of you skiing.
disadvantages - can impact your skiing ability, doesn't film down the slope. (or does it?)

Wrist Strap - Advantage - discreet and flexible
Disadvantage - can be broken easily if wiped out etc.

So I would like to have a combination of me skiing down the slope, as well as filming the terrain in front of me, so the obvious choice would be the helmet mounts which it comes with and a stick mount, however I am slightly worried how hard it is to transfer one to the other, as I don't want my fellow skiers to be waiting for me, so can anyone recommend how easy it is to do so?

or any other mounts they recommend? Even if they believe I am making a mistake and should choose a chest Mount. Sorry if this long winded question doesn't make much sense.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
get them all...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, dont really fancy spending over £100 on mounts
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought this lot from ebay and it seems great for the money. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Head-Strap-Chest-Mount-Floating-Handle-Grip-Monopod-For-GoPro-Hero-1-2-3-3-/221497244927?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339243bcff
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chesty doesn't bound around.

Stick can be reversed on gopro so can film up or down, or front facing you, or back over shoulder facing downhill.

Wrist strap, next to useless for skier.

Get an SP pole, it goes in a pocket, can double as a selfie stick (if that's your bag) or you can stick them in the snow and get these shots.

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for chest mount, much better than head mount.

Also get a pole mount, makes sense as you're carrying them anyway.

That should cover you for everything you need
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy