Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone in Megeve at the moment?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering what the snow was like, I am thinking of a day trip there tomorrow.
Any pointers from a snowhead on the ground would be great!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We drove through Megeve on Saturday and there was lots of snow falling but I can`t help with what the slopes are like.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haven't been this season so far, but Megeve is pretty grassy so doesn't need so much snow to be skiable & open
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys, we may just chance it anyway.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spent today in Megeve. Busiest I have seen it and we only skied Rochebrune side as we there was a massive queue to get across to Arbois. We also had a 30 minute wait to get up on antiquated cigarette packet Rochebrune gondola. Quite cold up top until about midday. We were a bit surprised to find snow quite iffy in places. Bare patches and lots of stones interspersed with sections of decent snow. There were also a few treacherous sections of ice which brought 4 of our crew of 6 down at once Smile . Quite a few meat wagons out collecting casualties from other parties.

Strange to say that they really need more snow or better piste management. Also seems to us that the snow making coverage at Megeve isn't great. Can't say how it is comparing to other resorts but the crew had just been to Saas Fee and they said conditions much better there
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It might be worth trying the cret du midi chair at Praz sur Arly. Might be smaller queues. I don't have a fast enough internet connection to check lift and piste opening. The Mont Rond chair at Notre Dame de Bellecombe would be worth a look too. The best snow is probably in LES Saisies but the main lifts out of the village will be busy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Juddernaut, @pam w, just what I was after! May give it a miss if it is that busy.
I suppose everywhere is just busy this year.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have found the cret du midi chair much less busy than the les saisies chairs and there's a big free car park. It's a fast 6 man chair and it's where I would head for downhill skiing in the Espace Diamant. But I don't know what's open as it takes ages fo me to open a website! If there's a lot open it's likely to be the best bet around here. Of course nowhere is quiet at new year. First lift tomorrow might be ok!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy