Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap Cortina accommodation?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There on Sunday for three days. Nothing booked. No car. Any ideas please? I know, I know not what the place is about!
Can only find pricey options, or hotels that won't let me stay for less than a week.

Any Refugio that are easy to access with all my gear, as coming by Cortina Express straight from airport?

Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A search on booking.com brings 23 results...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cortina was really great when we split off from the 10th Birthday Bash - to find more pistes, after we were all stuck short of Arraba due to Avalanche risks...

It has 2 main areas, fed by 2 large gondolas, although the one area has other chair access by a separate car park.
The one gondola is easily walkable from the town centre.
The town has 2 free bus services, the No 3 & No 8 busses pass the gondala stations and the one car park, although they both pass, they only regularly stop at one or the other, it is worth stating which one you want when you board the bus - I can;t remember which one was which... but the bus travel time is only 10 minutes or so.
The hotel receptionists when we were there was extremely helpful in bus times & stops.

The one area is very large full of great blue runs, some down thro the trees.... There are some great red runs with a few blacks....
Although when we were there - several higher runs were closed - due to the amount of snowfall at that time, some hotels had 3m of snow on their roofs and the military were removing the snow...
The other area is high up a mountain and is down through trees, great opportunities for tree runs off piste, with some lovely reds... you can ski down and across a road to an extended ski area on a third area, which is worth a trip.
We returned this summer and there are two or three refuges, up the mountain and definately several B&B / small hotels, that we saw in passing. Cortina is a popular with many Via Ferata routes in summer.
It is a popular Italian resort - on par with Courcheval in France, which can be pricey but we dined out at reasonable prices.
It will certainly keep you busy over 3 days - we had a great 4 days there, even with restricted runs due to the avalanche risks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen bodecia wrote:
A search on booking.com brings 23 results...

Not sure how I'd missed this site. Many thanks, some good options!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
noisey wrote:
Cortina was really great when we split off from the 10th Birthday Bash - to find more pistes, after we were all stuck short of Arraba due to Avalanche risks...

It has 2 main areas, fed by 2 large gondolas, although the one area has other chair access by a separate car park.
The one gondola is easily walkable from the town centre.
The town has 2 free bus services, the No 3 & No 8 busses pass the gondala stations and the one car park, although they both pass, they only regularly stop at one or the other, it is worth stating which one you want when you board the bus - I can;t remember which one was which... but the bus travel time is only 10 minutes or so.
The hotel receptionists when we were there was extremely helpful in bus times & stops.

The one area is very large full of great blue runs, some down thro the trees.... There are some great red runs with a few blacks....
Although when we were there - several higher runs were closed - due to the amount of snowfall at that time, some hotels had 3m of snow on their roofs and the military were removing the snow...
The other area is high up a mountain and is down through trees, great opportunities for tree runs off piste, with some lovely reds... you can ski down and across a road to an extended ski area on a third area, which is worth a trip.
We returned this summer and there are two or three refuges, up the mountain and definately several B&B / small hotels, that we saw in passing. Cortina is a popular with many Via Ferata routes in summer.
It is a popular Italian resort - on par with Courcheval in France, which can be pricey but we dined out at reasonable prices.
It will certainly keep you busy over 3 days - we had a great 4 days there, even with restricted runs due to the avalanche risks.

All useful stuff, many thanks for taking the time. Positive ski karma back to you!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How cheap can a double room be in Cortina? options on Booking.com suggest ~100e/night for two. Can I find cheaper if I contact directly B&Bs? I'm looking at going there for a weekend this winter, so convenience is as important as price. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cortina is not renowned as being a cheap resort. With Madonna and Sestriere it is one of Italy's upmarket resorts where prices are kept high to keep the ethos they want. I've only ever been there in the summer. I've heard mixed reports on the skiing ranging from the best resort in the world from some newspapers to 'Not really worth the bus trip out there' from some Snowheads at last year's Arabba bash. I think those Snowheads were into the gnarly stuff rather than beautiful tree line blues. I'd love to ski there. It's a beautiful place. I hear there are plans for a lift up to the Falzarego pass which would be a long link into the Sella Ronda via the Hidden Valley.
I think Cortina has a train link from Venice too which would make transfers easy if you went for Booking.com
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Could you a-ford this?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 22-09-15 13:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I also read all types of reviews (mostly favorable). For 2 days of skiing it looks fine to me. In fact, this Cortina weekend will be more about good food and relaxed skiing with girlfriend. We are not the upmarket type of customers but we picked Cortina because town seems pretty and has at least 1 or 2 good restaurants. We've been to Kitzbuhel last winter for a weekend, so we understand how inflated prices can be, but nearly 6 months in advance, we're hoping to get value for money.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds perfect for you. Enjoy. Where not try and stay a night up at Cinque Torrre refuge and do the Hidden Valley, horse drawn ski lift thing? Cinque Torre is small but the skiing wonderful and views out of this world.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I believe you have to book early. Highest sauna in the Alps too.

http://www.dolomiti.org/dengl/Cortina/laga5torri/ospitalita/RifLagazuoi/index.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://rifugiolagazuoi.com/Ing/prezzi.php

Actual website.
I need to go. Looks amazing.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This one looks equally good, if not better. I think I ate there whilst doing the Great War ring last year. The outdoor hot tub looks amazing.
http://www.rifugioscoiattoli.it/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy