Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Suggestions - near Geneva/Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Morzine for a few days on 18th January, flying from Bristol to Geneva and staying in a SC chalet with some friends. I'm actually off work during the week before, so I'm tempted to try and sneak a few extra days in somewhere else beforehand.

I could fly into Geneva on Monday 12th and then either hire a car or use a shuttle service to a self-catering apartment or studio somewhere. I would need to either be back at GVA early on the 18th to meet my friends, or if I'm shuttling I could meet them at the apt in Morzine.

The area I'm most familiar with is the Tarentaise. This would be the easy option. I could rent an apartment by the funicular in Bourg and either funi it up to Les Arcs every day or mix it up by driving to Tignes, Sainte-Foye, Val etc if I'm feeling adventurous. I am happy driving around this area, having done it numerous times.

Or.... I could try something new and just get a shuttle from GVA to AN Other resort, then shuttle from resort to Morzine on the 18th.

Any suggestions for a new location for me to try? I'm an intermediate skier.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always head to the Grand Massif for a quick in and out. Its less than an hour transfer from GVA and you can get a shared minibus transfer with 'gomassif' for about 45 euros. If you go to the Grand Massif thread im sure someone on there could direct you to reasonable accommodation.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you done Chamonix? The obvious easy shuttle.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tarentaise almost certainly your least easy transfer to Morzine option. Almost certainly via Geneva.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the suggestions. Have not been to either Cham or Grand Massif so will look at both.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Little railway map here which shows this area quite well (Geneva is just off the left side).
www.rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Product_Information.aspx?area=SkiRail_Product_Information
I'd be tempted to try one of the Swiss places close to the eastern end of Lake Geneva.
Not as much skiing but a nice contrast and a bit more exotic-feeling than the major French resorts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy