Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So bad skiing at Three Valleys, Paradiski, Val/Tignes for Xmas?

Poster: A snowHead
All seem to be at 50cm base (Val is 30cm!!). Very little new snow from last storm. Nothing expected for the next week.

Looks bad.

No off-piste. Rocks on groomers. Yuck.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's certanly no significant off-piste around here, but in my experience the 3Vs pistes are better than you're suggesting - most of the pistes I skied on yesterday had benefited from the recent snow and I encountered very few stones on piste, probably due to extensive use of artificial snowmaking to build decent bases. Certainly a great deal better than last year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ditto up at Les Arcs yesterday, according to Hannah. Pistes are ok, very few stones, even if no decent off-piste as yet. I'll update with a more complete summary when she gets back down later.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very good in La Rosiere yesterday - including (especially) the off-piste. Will try to post pics tonight - would have been yesterday but delayed flight meant not home until after midnight.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oooh Okanagan, more more more. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
well, this is the view at the village level - really looks "bad" today doesn't it? Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Okanagan, what a great series of shots, would you let us use them in our gallery?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David@traxvax, I am not sure if that was tongue in cheek, but the new La Rosiere webcam is much better than the old ones Very Happy Certainly worth likning to your site (with the appropriate permission of course wink .
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, of course the last thing I'd want to do would be to infringe copyright. I haven't seen any of the new web-cams yet but as I'll be in La Ros on Thurs I'm not too bothered.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David@traxvax, OK, full resort report by Friday at the latest please.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep, completely agree please do not go ski ing this Christmas especially in Paradiski. Conditions are bad, its not worth the trip. Just look at these pictures wink wink All the more for me Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
83/105 lifts 79% and 74/133 56% pistes open in LP. Not bad for week before Xmas. Nade has obviously had good influence on the local snow gods.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 19-12-05 13:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, only one problem we have to ensure that France Telecom have fixed our telphone line by then, on their current form that won't be likely.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, as promised - pic of the "bad" conditions on Sunday Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Okanagan, unfair!
snow conditions
Okanagan, I saw these on the Val D'Ispair thread. I guuess there would be similar conditions to be found in La Rosiere's much more famous neighbour wink
latest report
I'm jetting out to Val D'Isere on Saturday for a week, reckon it'll be any good snow wise then?
ski holidays
I'm trying really hard not to worry about the lack of snow in the 3 valleys as there's not much I can do about it and I know from experience how quickly the conditions can change. Plus they're forecasting a dump for next Tuesday, fingers crossed!
snow report
Pretty good up at Les Arcs today, some photos in this blog...
snow conditions
Okanagan, that looks really horrible, I'm sure you hated it wink

Welcome to snowHeads, loomif snowHead
snow report
Loomif, welcome. Just depends on whether the last minute dump arrives, as last year. At least the cannons have been working overtime...

Anyone seen a long-term forecast? Haven't had time to check...
snow conditions
snow-forecast is showing something at the end of the six day window (Sunday) but it might just be a blimp in the data, although I am hearing whispers from in resort that they are expecting some snow Tuesday? Fingers crossed as I fly out to 1850 Christmas Eve

ScottyDog
latest report
Looks like it could also get very cold just before New Year.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Looks like it could also get very cold just before New Year.

As long as it waits until the 31st which is whenI am flying back, thats fine wink

ScottyDog
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, yes, Wetterkarte 9 day forecast showed yesterday a very cold picture early next week, particularly across the Swiss and Austrian Alps. I'd always thought this to be preferable to the other end of the spectrum, since the great snow just dumped will be retained, but.... when is cold, too cold, and are there any special precautions other than protecting the extremities and applying extra layers.
snow conditions
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel2.html for those that wish to track the icy blast from the Arctic. Still not much wet forecast though althogh looking a little more promising http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel4.html
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, I take it that the second map is the chance of precipitation. What %s do the different shades of blue signify?
snow report
Colin Bell, White is none, dark blue is loads. Think there is a purple, and that means avalanche from the sky. It was dark blue over much of Austria and Switzerland at the weekend and they got loads.

Hope I havn't been too technical for you wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the welcome Very Happy
Fingers crossed there'll be a nice big dump of snow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy