Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alright guys,

I've recently replaced my Vans with a dual Boa (I didn't want to but started they to split) to some Burtons and unfortunately I have to say I'm not loving them; well one boot.

The system is still Boa but only the single ones, and on riding I find the left boot slackens off and it becomes a bit of a pain in the ass when I'm having to tighten them up as it feels like I'm coming out of them! The other boot is fine and other than taking them to a Burton outlet to get them to look at it I thought about getting a Velcro strap or something to tighten them up, but mainly around the top of he boot as across the foot they're fine.

I'm due away in Jan so probably don't have the time for them to be sent off to Burton or whatever...

Is there anything out there like an adjustable Velcro strap for boots to assist?

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know about Velcro straps, maybe some sort of luggage strap would help but it sounds to me like one of your boa's is faulty?

Too late now but there are plenty of laced boots still available. I like the fast lace systems myself I've had Burton and Salomon boots with this, both worked well.

I'd make time to get this sorted before you go as there is nothing worse than boot issues. By rights the shop that you bought them from should replace/exchange/refund.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use the old Vans Encore with a Boa and there is a bit of a knack to tightening a boot with a single boa. Loosen them off and put your foot in, lean forward in them and start winding them up. When they've tighened up reasonably, stop leaning forward and finish tightening them up. Problem comes from them tightening up too much at the top before the boot tightens up over the top of the foot and ankle regions, particularly when the boots are new. Give it a try.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They should stop selling single boa boots as they are imv pointless. Either go with double boa or get something else. Take them back if you can or sell on ebay.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy