Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to adjust Marker M9.1 bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I inherited a pair of skis with these bindings (similar to these in the picture):

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/marker-m9-titanium-turbo-sc-logic-cp1-218615844

I'd like to adjust them to fit my ski boots, but I can't figure out how to do this. Does anyone have any experience with these bindings?

Thanks in advance.

Ted
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads.

I could tell you but as those bindings are no longer on the indemnified list & as I'm a commercial operation I'm unable to do so. Basically they're old/out of date so should not be used.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What skis are they on?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rossignol Bandit X
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They're alright - get some new bindings and whack them on.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@spyderjon, isn't indemnification rather a US concept? In my naive understanding of european thinking I can't believe you could be sued for weilding your screwdriver.

C.f. Inferno and other public downhills, many many pairs of rather (very) old skis and bindins out on their annual, once a year outing.

No-one seems worried about any indemnification nonsense...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, indemnification is a EU thing as well. If the bindings aren't indemnified then they've been deemed by the manufacturer as not safe to so if I installed them (even if they torque tested ok at the time) then my public liability insurance would be void. If I work on them & they subsequently fail then I could easily be sued for fitting what was deemed to be an unsafe binding.

You're right that there's many non indemnified bindings out there but their use is at the owners risk & shops won't/shouldn't touch them.

This is not a way of boosting sales as the majority of bindings will be on the list for many years (some have been on for 15yrs & still going strong whilst some low end models might only be on for 5/6 years), it's to do with safety & the degradation of components over time/temperature changes/UV light exposure etc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First spyderjon, is correct re indemnity and if the OP does not know how to check/service his own bindings then really the best option is to buy some new bindings for the skis. Saying that the adjustment off the record is via a screw at the back of the heel piece. There are two screws the upper one adjusts the DIN setting the lower the heel position for different sole lengths, this needs adjusting correctly because if not then the binding will either pre release or worse not release when required. If you do not know the correct position then don't do it !

You should be looking at servicing the bindings, cleaning and applying new grease ( not cheap in small quantities ).

If you ( the OP or anyone else ) does this you do so at your own risk after being told the best option is to buy new bindings and have then fitted but if you do check that the bindings do release both front side to side and rear upwards and that the DIN settings are def not higher than your weight/ability dictate. If you don't know how to check this BUY ! new bindings.

I still use this Marker binding in the SC2 variant along with old ESS-VAR models but I did all my own servicing/maintenance on these bindings from new.

BINDINGS are a CRITICAL safety item if you do not know what you are doing either don't do it or learn how to do it before tinkering. Your knees will appreciate the new skills and will never forgive you not learning and thinking you can tinker around.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks speed098!

I am not a avid skier by any sense of the definition, so all this stuff is new to me when I started looking up how to adjust the bindings. The warnings are appreciated and I will look into getting bindings that are on the indemnification list.

I was able to figure out the lower screw at the back, although I was wondering if this was more for fine adjustment as the center of the boot seems a little off from the center of the ski.

Skiing is an expensive hobby! We are just taking our kids out onto a novice slope, which as you can imagine in Southern California is probably a bunny hill of bunny hills that you guys typically ski. I am just skiing down with my 10 yr old daughter and don't really push it to the limits. I'm the guy that everyone is zipping past and wondering if I just got out of ski school. Anyway, I'm still on the fence about how much I want to invest in skis, bindings, etc vs renting, but I agree safety is the primary concern.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tedyun, It may be that they bindings need remounting.
It does depend on your boots sole length and the sloe length the bindings where originally setup for when mounted. The screw is able to accommodate some adjustment but if that is not right then best buy new bindings. I said ask spyderjon, what he has in stock that may be suitable for the ski and your skiing ability/weight, but maybe someone more local will be your best option. I am sure there are members on here who could recommend a good shop local to you.

As you say your not an avid skier I would highly recommend buying new or old stock bindings that can be setup and serviced.

There are plenty of places stateside to buy good quality secondhand skis and as you are in the states I don't think my recommendation of doing one of spyderjons, courses is that practical.

Try phoning round the local ski shops see if any have bindings that are new old stock from a couple of seasons ago or alternatively any cheap NOS ski/binding packages or secondhand.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks again speed098! I may not be able to travel to Nottingham, but spyderjon has a very reasonably priced DVD that describes how to tune the skis through his website.

I'll look into my options for bindings that can be serviced.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy