Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half Term Queues

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI everyone - just found this forum!

As parents, we are stuck in this dreadful half term window where you pay higher rates and often might find megga queues.
BUT last year we ventured to Bad gastein in Austria and found that the queues were MISSING at half term. Smile
Just a suggestion for anyone looking at finding a less busy half term break?
Any other resorts people can suggest that seem to be exempt from the massive numbers?

Cheers
Peter
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PeterGroom,
I have skied quite a bit in Austria at English half term and sometimes they can be busy at other times less busy it depends on how they coincide with other continental holidays particularly Fasching.
You may find Bad Gastein busier this year as half term coincides with Fasching I believe.

Welcome to snowHead by the way
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Valmeinier last year was relatively quiet.

We have children and are teachers but usually avoid half term queues by going at Christmas and school Easter hols.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ok T bar. Ill bear that in mind - not much I can do about it tho as were stuck with UK school holidays
Peter
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PeterGroom wrote:
ok T bar. Ill bear that in mind - not much I can do about it tho as were stuck with UK school holidays
Peter

Indeed there is not a lot you can do and Badgastein may still be reasonable during Fasching some places cope better than others but in general it is a bit busier that week in Austria.

Even France which has the worst reputation for half term varies between resorts and to a significant extent which French holiday week half term coincides with.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy