Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to La Tania on Sunday - where to get a week's food shopping from...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Title says it all really - We're driving from Geneva to La Tania tomorrow and I've just had an awful thought that the supermarkets might not be open for us to load up the car with food and drink for the week - really want to do this before getting up the mountain and paying the premiums charged there.

So people, please shout out if you're aware of any large supermarkets on my route which are open on Sundays??

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chopkins13,

Super U just outside Moutier opens 08.30 -12.30 on a Sunday

Super U just outside Albertville, which might be easier, opens 08.30 -11.30
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Super U just outside Moutier opens 08.30 -12.30 on a Sunday

Super U just outside Albertville, which might be easier, opens 08.30 -11.30

Arghhhhh! Disaster!! My flight lands at 10:10am into Geneva, then need to pick up hire car so with best will in the world we're not going to be away from the airport much before 11am - even with some rather speedy driving I'm not going to make it that far before the shops close. Even Chambery is massively pushing it.

Anyone know of the closest french supermarket to GVA which will be open on Sunday?

Also, I've just been googling and am picking up mixed messages about the sale of alcohol on sundays in french supermarkets?

I'm supposed to be picking up a weeks shopping for 8 adults so this could be a right royal cock-up!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stewart woodward, eyup Stewart. Why aren't you out skiing? wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chopkins13, Try the Carrefour in Ferney-Voltaire.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rjs = great suggestion, I see they are opening especially tomorrow all day (normally closed on sundays), and right next to the airport so very handy for us, brilliant!

Any ideas whether alcohol will be on sale or not?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GeorgeVII wrote:
@stewart woodward, eyup Stewart. Why aren't you out skiing? wink

eyup, saw todays forecast & decided to save my legs for tomorrow Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stewart woodward, Looks like a wise move. Looks very windy "up top" on the webcams. Near white-out at the top of Toviere Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chopkins13, which flight are you on tomorrow?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@chrisb - the early morning sleazyJet - about 7am I think!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@chopkins13, if the fernery voltage shop is closed, which might be the case on Sunday the supermarket in the airport is very well stocked though not cheap. Through to the station and right down the bottom of the shopping parade.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, my basic french skills suggest that the Fernery-Voltaire is open especially tomorrow (must be for people stocking up for New Years) - or am I mistaken? See here: http://www.carrefour.fr/magasin/ferney-voltaire
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chopkins13, did you manage to stock up for your trip? We too have the same problem; Sunday 24th jan arrival in geneva travelling to les Menuires we don't land until 3.00pm.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pembsflyer, yes we used the Fernery-Volataire Carrefour last year with success on a Sunday. However I fear this may have been a special opening for New Years Eve only and a normal Sunday they may be closed. Their website will inform.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy