Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faction skis - anyone skied them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
The addicts of that sports website among you may have noticed there are some Faction skis that have surfaced. I've looked literally everywhere and I can only find positive reviews. No bad thing maybe, but I'm after a "this ski skis like..." to help me draw a comparison. I'm tempted to buy the Faction Royales as my powder ski - can anyone tell me what this ski behaves like? From the profile and dimensions I'd say maybe like a Shiro? Will I be able to skin on it (I'm only used to cambered skis with some early rise).

Does anyone have anything bad top say about the skis?

I'm looking for a dedicated powder tool that still has some 'classic' feel to it and has some length in front of the binding for speed and stability.

Thanks for your help!

Will
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump - can anyone help me?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Royales are superb, I know several owners, there is even a pair in my ski room though they are not mine.
Those have touring bindings on them.

Faction originated in Verbier so it is no surprise to see so many pairs here, and lots of people tour them too.

As a company they are very good as sponsors and supporters of skiers and when they have a sale at the end of season they really mean it!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@willjones46, I don't know the Royales specifically but you shouldn't be able to go too far wrong buying from the Faction range. The quality of manufacture will be top notch and each pair of skis hand finished.

As @rungsp has said the company originates from Verbier and all the skis are made in the EU rather than the Far East. Faction has had a rapid expansion over the last couple of years and so it is quite likely they will have overproduced in certain models/lengths (demand is harder to predict when you are growing) hence no doubt the availability of some discounted stock.

So go for it I'ld say, so long as the particular model you are looking at suits your criteria.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy