Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! What shall we do?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are meant to be leaving early on Saturday morning to travel to Les Gets for a week of skiing. There is currently no snow in the resort but there is 30cm of snow predicated to fall on sat and sun. The temperature is also set to drop, which may mean they can use the snow machines?! Do you think it is worth going? We really want to go, but we do not want to be stuck in the resort without enough snow to ski on, as we should be able to delay our trip until February half term.
Do you think they will be able to open enough runs with the predicted snow to make it worthwhile? Or should we cut our losses and just lose our ski school deposit and channel crossing costs now?!?!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Lmg you should go down Tescos tomorrow and get yourselves a few bags of ice, stick em in the back of the car and drive like hell.

I'd go anyway .. miracles happen at Christmas time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Gets have stated today that they will open the whole ski area on Sunday 28th - seems quite ambitious but they should know what they are doing!

Quote from their website:
"From Sunday 28th December to Friday 2nd January 2015
Thanks to the weather conditions (snow and cold) announced for this weekend, the full ski area will open from Sunday 28th December 2014. Regular services will resume from that date."

With forecasted temperature drop, cannons should be able to be on 24/7. Good snow making coverage in Les Gets too. Currently, forecasted snow is around 30cm @ 1000m and 60cm @ 2000m, so it's a very good start.

I would say go, I'm heading down to that area tomorrow with reasonably high hopes and am hoping to ski Mont Chery (Les Gets) early next week. Good luck.
Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
See .. miracles do happen.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy