Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dalbello boot sizes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm after some new boots and went for a fitting the other day but didn't actually come away with anything. I've been trying to look up some places that might price match but I need to double check sizes. I tried on either a 26 or a 26.5 but I can't remember which. Looking at other sites though, nowhere actually stocks .0 and .5 sizes as far as I can tell so I was wondering whether there is actually a difference (in the kr2 pro id that I was looking at at least). Perhaps intuition liners are a bit different. Any ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No difference at all once moulded, trying on boots is a mugs game, go see somebody who knows their game, tell them what you need, get fitted, pay and get on with it!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well yes I understand that getting a proper fitting is required but at the same time paying 25% more for the exact same product just because you can't be bothered to do a bit of research is also a mugs game.

Thanks for your response though either way, although I have since found somewhere that is claiming to stock both .0 and .5 so I guess there must be a difference even if its very small. That's or they've just got it wrong.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is no size difference between the .0 and .5 in the outer shell (as you will notice, they have the same boot sole length - or BSL - written in mm on the side of the heel). The difference is in the thickness of the liner. If you can, try to get a .5 size. They tend to have a more snug fit and will not be packed-out for a bit longer. So, if you think size 26.0 is your boot, try the 25.5 and get that fitted properly.

Also, have you looked as last width? Don't get your boots too wide, it will be a pain in the ... well, foot. And remember: all boots can be made bigger, but not smaller (except Fischer Vacuum Fit, but it will cost you - I do think it's worth it, though).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You are spot on @el nombre, I wouldn't take any notice of @CH2O it's not like he is one of Europe's best bootfitters....oh wait!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Crikey, so I went for a fitting, now have a boot in mind but wanted to double check my info so I could try and get approx £100 off. What's the problem with that?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some people are fortunate to be able buy a pair of boots straight off the shelf with no adjustment needed - if you fall into that category then yes shop around for the best price and buy from there. Others like me have awkward feet and the boots need to be customised to our feet. There's plenty of threads on here about the boot fitting process - it's not a five minute job.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also, both times I have had boots fitted (once by @CH2O's gaff) they picked a model I had never even heard of. Both times the boots astounded me, and gave me lots of pain free skiing pleasure Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok I think I've worked out where we're getting things mixed up. The place do a price match service so I'd still be getting them fitted there, I just know that dalbello boots can be bought for significantly less elsewhere.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy