Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire in Val D Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi does anyone have a recommendation for ski hire, were staying with Esprit at Chalet Hotel Ducs de Savoie, 2 adults and 1 child. Would like somewhere that's not too far from the accommodation, or easy by shuttle. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used Ski Republic. Usually have a 2for1 and free helmets if you want.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All the ski hire shops are easy to reach if you catch the shuttle. When we stayed at Ducs de Savoie last year we just booked ski hire through Esprit and the shop they use is very close to the hotel. But to save money it's best to shop around online. Have used Precision Ski, Ski Republic and Snowberry. All good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowberrry are a cut above the rest in my experience and will collect you, take you back to your chalet and collect skis at the end of your holiday. But much depends on your priorities. If price is everything, and you are not too fussed about the quality of the skis, look out for discounts from website bookers like Skiset and snow rental, which cover several hire shops in Val
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We rented boots for the kids from Snowberry as they were very handy for the apartment we were in above the shop and had heard good reviews.

They were pre -booked and were by a long way the worst boots we have every received from a hire shop. Yes, they fitted and didn't cause any pain but you don't expect to have to remove the inners and pour water out the shells when you double check them a a few hours after collection. (Yes it was too late to return them)

The free copy of the Daily Mail that we took of the flight did have it's uses that evening and some boots dryers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mattis Intersport were brilliant when I used them last year. Used the discount code from the intersport FB feed and can't compliment their customer service and quality of equipment enough. Nice and close to slopes and also offer a locker service.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowberry hired me a pair of boots some time ago that had 2 footbeds in 1 boot, and 1 in the other. It was agony, hard to ski, and I fell badly. It was sorted quickly, but not what I expected from them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd vote Snowberry, always had a good service from them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy