Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting taken out

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So what should you do if someone hits you or damages you or your equipment? I'm not suggesting that we all go suing each other, but I'd certainly want some form of compensation for anything damaged. Does our travel / Ski Insurance cover us for this type of thing?

Should we take or expect to give out name and address details at the time of the accident? Should it be reported if someone is injured and if so to whom?

I've not really thought about it before. In my youth I was at times a bit reckless and did take the odd person out and have been since taken out myself (karma probably!). At the time I felt sorry and also mad as hell. Thankfully no harm done either way.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last season we had two guests staying and whilst out one took out the other one. They disagreed as to how it had happened/who was to blame and ended up having a punch up. We had to set up the spare room for one of them! Meal time got a bit tense!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's been particularly this bad so far imo, I've found two people in a bad way on the pistes and have called and waited for the pisteurs to come and help them, one of who must have been around 13-14 years old. Was a bit pissed off when I realised his dad was within sight down the piste and must have been watching for 20+ mins before coming up after patrol had arrived.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jakejenks, that's awful. Good job somebody stopped to help. Chaps who zoom off leaving their kids skiing behind them and are too idle and/or far away to help want a good kicking. We always try to have a strong skier at the back of our groups.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dode,
Me too in Stuben , I was standing still right in front of the piste board when some young idiot knocked me over, i ended falling backwards and winded mysef . He skied off looking at me laughing to join the rest of his family 20 m further on. No effort to apologise or help me, I was really shaken and I now have a large area of bruising between my shoulder blades.Many thanks to some Brits who came to my aid. Luckily I didnt suffer the injuries you did but tweaaked my knee and missed the rest of the day and the nxt. There is no need for it. Sad Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Kooky, you are right you know, after that I made a very considered decision....
Left my hat in room, no more walking back uphill for me wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you crash your car into someone do you apologise?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No, because it's gonna be the insurance co. who sorts it out, and they'd rather you didn't. A relatively minor clash on the slopes is different, especially if liability is not in doubt.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I find that weird. If I drove into the back of someone else's car, say at a roundabout, I'd promptly apologise. It would have been me who was the numpty and sucking up to my insurance company in the hope of not losing a no claims discount at the expense of humility wouldn't occur to me. Putting financial recompense first leads to the expectation of 'damages' mentioned in one of the posts above and it dehumanises us all.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm of rather a different view. If I was to crash into your car, I apologise. My insurance company may be crooks, but I'm not, and they can't make me cheat you.

Skiing... Hit me, I'll institute proceedings for damages if you've the money to pay. If you break the law, I'll push the police & CPS to charge you. That gopro isn't just for fun. If all that makes you more careful, well it should. If it keeps you in lawless places where you hit each other to solve these things... Good luck with that. It does not sound just to Mr.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy