Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thanks to the AA!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Early yesterday we drove down to the Eurotunnel.

Cup of coffee and dog exercise later we went to leave the carpark....DEAD CAR Sad

All the electrics worked, but no life in the engine, nothing, zero, zilch. We feared the worst and fully anticipated being trailered back home, a couple of days of repairs and having to rearrange a new outward journey.

Called the AA, told a one hour wait...5 mins later the AA man calls me from across the car park and he arrives.

He diagnosed an electrical fault...no connection between the key and the starter motor.

"I can rig you up a hot-wire lead to get you home, I'm not telling you when to go home though Wink "

The car could be started with the bonnet up, he rigged a lead between the starter motor and the battery, all very neatly done, I just had to turn on the ignition and touch the battery terminal with the end of the rigged lead. Got a few funny looks when we did that to leave the train and when we stopped for fuel, but we got to Switz just one hour later than we thought. Eurotunnel were very kind and put us on the next available train.

The local garage had the car in today and diagnosed a corroded connection, they cleaned it up and charged me 40chf.

Thank goodness it didn't happen on the train!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Goodness that was lucky! Hurrah for the AA!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy