Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any good ideas to access Tignes 2100 from Les Brevieres to maximise skiing time?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hoping someone with current in-resort knowledge can help here.
We have booked a chalet in Les Brevieres for New Year week, but lack of snow looks as though we will have to get ourselves to Tignes 2100 to ski. Chairlift from les Brevieres seems open from 8:45 am to 16:45, and buses from Les Boisse every 30 mins to Tignes 2100. I can see us not getting to the slopes until after 9:30, and will have to get resort bus back from 2100 before 4:30 if we are to get the last chairlift back to Les Brevieres. We are family of 4 with 2 red-run able boys who, with Dad, want to maximise the amount of slope time!. We will have a car - would it be better to drive early to 2100 so we don't have to push for the last chairlift back, or is that road going to take us longer and then there is parking to pay for in 2100? - or is there any other way than the chairlift to get back to Les Brevieres, as the resort bus looks as though it only goes to Les Boisse (1800). Any suggestions welcome to keep my 3 boys happy ! Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@redskifamily47, Welcome to snowHead I will & try to answer your questions;

1. Due to the current snow conditions and lack of lift access to Tignes from Le Brevieres the buses from Le Boisse are running more frequently. I believe at peak periods every 10 minutes or as they get full.

2. You need to get the lift from Le Brevieres to Le Boisse in the morning. The alternative is to drive to Le Boisse, 10 minutes, and park there.

3. You can probably ski back from Le Boisses in the evening down a very easy blue.

4. Hopefully non of the above will apply as the Chaudane lift opened today and hopefully the lifts from Le Brevieres will open later this week even though you may have to down load to Le Brevieres.

Keep an eye on the Tignes thread for more up to date info.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redskifamily47, The bus from Les Boisses will run more often than usual, see here.

There was also an official email that someone copied to the main Tignes thread that stated that people staying in Les Brevieres could ask for a free parking space in Val Claret and drive up, why not email the Tourist Office and ask.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Stewart Woodward and rjs - useful info, and sounds promising that there may be more lifts open, more frequent buses etc. Will definitely email the Tourist Office. Good idea. Thanks for that. I'm struggling to find the main Tignes thread ! (new to this forum) - will have another look.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@redskifamily47,

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112438&start=320
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
super @stewart woodward, thanks - saw that one but obviously didn't go to latest page. Will follow it now. Everything crossed for some snow before Saturday!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy