Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nigh on 30 degrees on the patio today, 22nd Dec at 1410m

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok in the direct sunlight, but still quite crazy temp and still on the rise, wonder what it will top out at ?

We have a PTZ webcam on the apartment here though sun is quite low in the sky so a fair amount of glare but you can move the cam.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's crazy about a thermometer in the sun reading 25 degrees hotter than the actual temperature? Put it in your oven if you want to have your mind blown
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Weathercam, you've certainly discovered something there. I'd call it the "greenhouse" effect, or something. Maybe try patenting it?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More seriously, out of the sunlight it was -2 at 11h30 at my Chamonix front door.

And a hard frost overnight.

P.S. I was up and about at 08:00 in case anyone wanted to suggest I was slothful.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, substantial inversion today. We were basking in warm sun after lunch when there was still a heavy frost down at Beaufort.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pam w, would believe that. Any idea what the ambient was? (I doubt it was 30C snowHead )
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This was the way my daughter was dressed walking with me this afternoon..........

I'm going to go up tomorrow where I was ski touring on Monday (S facing) in that then I went too early (09:00) I'm going to leave at Noon hoping that even with the weakness of the sun conditions should be more spring like, iso is at 3,416 for noon to 15:00.

Here's hoping..............

It's totally strange to be trying to get your head around freeze / melt that you'd usually be doing in March / April at the back end of December rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Weathercam, yeah, well I was wandering around in a t-shirt and jeans and the dial still said -1... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Weathercam, Love the webcam thing. Not going to Serre Che. but I will enjoy visiting your bird house every now and again.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, I'd check your thermometer Toofy Grin

Weather station* I run back in the UK can also be quite temperamental but the algorithms that produce the wind chill figures are truly complex and I wouldn't know where to start on that one.

*Davis Vantage Pro
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Weathercam, well, I was In The Shade... And cross checked to a mercury and the car ext temp. So pretty sure ambient correct. I am hard core though in my t-shirt.

A very mild 9 in Geneva though. Pleasant for running.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
According to Chamonix website, -2 at resort level tomorrow morning but +7 at 2000m. That's practically sweltering for Christmas week. Not good. Sad

Roll on the weekend and some real weather.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy