Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire recommendation Les Menuires?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Looking for positive recommendations for ski hire in Les Menuires, we're a group of four but have never been to the 3 valleys before.

There seem to be a ton of options, but having had mixed luck at various resorts in the past it seems like a good idea to research where to go, and where to avoid Very Happy we're staying up at the Pierre & Vacances Aconit apartments.

Skiset seem, to offer a lot of choices - several front side all mountain sets and dedicated piste skis too whereas using cheaper sites like snowbrainer results in more of a turn up and see what you get scenario, however after researching on here I've read a lot of negative reviews specifically for Skiset.

Last year in Morzine for instance, we used Intersport but all got the same Rossi skis no matter what tier of equipment we'd paid for.

Does anyone have any experience here? Would be great to hear Little Angel
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Valk, welcome to snowHead s

Rule no1 with ski hire is NEVER book in advance. Go into the shop holding folding and the world is your oyster.

Rule number 2 is haggle. Offer them €50 cash for top skis for the week and you'll have a deal

*this doesn't work in the Arlberg cartel resorts in but will be perfect in Les Menuires wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Doesn't work in France for me either - you must be more charming red. Fwiw on the original question - the one in bruyeres by the gondola base was terrible, all the ones in reberty were pretty bad except possibly the one in hotel kaya (rosael), the skiset in the main village was okay but that was a couple of years ago and I can't remember exactly which it was.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting, so it works for some to haggle and not for others. I'm up for the former but have always seen the benefit of booking ahead and removing the hassle.

Twinner were offering a choice of equipment through pre-booking, eg dynastar powertrack 89's or Rossi Experience 88's which would suit me as a bit of an all-rounder but more likely to be on piste, whereas skiset offer similar - blizzard brahma or Rossi 84's. The majority of shops however simply offer a price tier with one example ski.

I'm no pro (lower advanced last ski school circa 2001) but for the one or two weeks (if I'm incredibly lucky) I get to be skiing, I can get a bit particular and precious about how I spend it, if you know what I mean. Hence researching on the forums.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm looking forward to hearing other gems of wisdom too of course wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy