Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES GETS TRIP

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone, you may remember myself and 6 beginners (3 small children novices) have been having fun booking in Les Gets, what with apartments being cancelled, having to pay for 2 weeks etc. We arrive next week on Wednesday for 7 days.

Of course, now there's no bloody snow!

I've only been to Morzine area so have limited local knowledge

We actually ended up staying at St Jean D'Alps (all lifts closed), and have still secured lessons for the kids for a few days in Les Gets, that's good. We also have hired equipment in Les Gets.

So my thoughts are let the kids have their 3 days of lessons and a couple of adults may be able to ski somewhere else, then for the last 3 days, we may be able to ski on some greens somewhere together. For the adults and the novice kids, it does need to be easy skiing, that's important. If this was a few blokes, we'd just crack on, but it needs to be stressless!

Avoriaz looks possible?

Although I've skiid any number of times, this is the first time I've been organiser, and TBH, it's been a nightmare!

Any ideas about where we may be able to get to or other suggestions would be very welcome.

THanks everyone
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, you don't say if you have a car or are using local transport?

Guess the snow levels are also going to dictate some of you options also.

Avoriaz not bad and you can get up there (just as importantly you can ride the cable down easily if you need to) in one ride. My experience is that it can be very busy around the village and although some of the slopes will not be too steep you may not like it if your improvers are at all nervous about the number and pace of other skiers around them.

We skied St-jean two years ago with my daughter aged six and son aged 9, daughter was ok with a little help and encouragement along the top of St-j and back to the top of the gondola. it was ok with my son going round the whole circuit and back to the base station.

Les-Get offers a very wide open and accessible bowl immediately above the vilage and snow allowing I would think this area gives you the most scope. We usually drive around the area and go up to the "mid station" as if you get there for the morning you can just get the kids straight out onto the snow from the car parking area and depending on their staying power, you have an easy exit also or some of the group can sit out in the cafes up there. The snow is usually a bit cooler there and so avoids the need to get them through some of the slushy bits down to the village. The gondola also goes down there if you need it as well.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You may still be lucky.

There is quiet optimism for lower temps and snow in the run up to New Year.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm in Morzine at the moment. There is snow and cold weather due at the weekend. There is currently one run open in Les Gets, and most of Avoriaz. Avoriaz is mental because of all the people, they are selling lift passes by the day only, and have put a quota on how many they will sell. So we are having to queue for lift passes each day, and today they asked us for proof we were staying in Morzine itself, which we couldn't give because we are just staying in a relative's chalet, so no booking confirmations, invoices or anything to show the lift office.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big dump of snow forecast to low levels next weekend should open les gets' local grass slopes, which don't need much snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also low temps forecast from Christmas, so cannons will be usable. Not clear if you are going this week or next, but if next I think you'll find more open.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a car, we travel on Wednesday, first day ski is Thursday. We will just have to play by eAr. Thanks for useful info
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy