Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking in Tignes Val Claret

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As I understand it the valley has a blanket compulsory PAID parking which is rigidly enforced.

http://www.tignes.net/en/practical-info/book-your-car-park-space-online-436.html

Quote:
[list=]For your convenience, the accommodation, pistes and shops are near the resort’s 3,500 car park spaces (compulsory) located between Tignes les Brévières and Tignes Val Claret. Take advantage of the drop-off areas to unload your luggage, then leave your car in the car park during your stay and use the free shuttle buses to get around the resort![/list]

Looks like the price is 75 Euros for one week.

Questions I have:

1. Is there any advantage to buying on line?

2. Is the car park well sign posted/obvious?

3. Elsewhere it mentioned indoor and outdoor parking. Is there only one giant car park?

4. Officially we can't get the keys to the apartment until 5. We will probably arrive lunchtime (12-1) and will be check to see if we can get early access. Also on the final day we may ski so will need to load the car and then park it somewhere. What is the drill with the car park in that regard? Is there any day parking aside from the 2 hour drop off?

5. Is there anything else I should know about car parking in Tignes Val Claret?

We are staying in Le Hameau du Borstate residence if that makes a difference.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Yes, you'll get a space. Some of the more convenient car parks can sell out in busy periods.

2. Yep, large P roadsigns directing you to each one, but worth checking their location so you know roughly where to go.

3. Several. Most in the resort centres are covered, but there are open-air. There are also some carparks a bit further out which are open but also free, but you'd need a lift/bus ride back in.

4. I've generally been ok loading/unloading outside the various hotels/chalets we've stayed at and the car being there for an hour or so.

5. Where are you staying? Can advise on the best/closest carpark as I found the first time that I had trouble understanding where each carpark was located...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 19-12-14 12:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Layne, You can see the locations of the car parks on the resort map.

The cost is per night so your ticket will be valid for arrival and departure days. The indoor ones have a fair number of cameras, I left my car full of stuff on my final day a couple of weeks ago.

You may find that the outdoor park is reserved for people driving up from Les Brevieres anyway.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Layne,

If you have a Diesel car fill up at Super U in Bourg St Maurice. The diesel has cold adative which you need for Tignes as it gets cold. Also a good place if you want to stock up with a few essentials.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK, seen the map, I am at the top end of Val Claret in Hameau du Borsat.

I will probably go for the open air assuming it's cheaper. We should be up there at lunch so hopefully no probs getting a space.

Cheers all.

Layne
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Safe journey mate.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's the FREEBIE alternative:
pull up outside the accommodation around 3pm to see if you can check-in early - if yes Very Happy , if not then unload passengers and luggage into the nearest café and drive down to Les Boisses (or Les Brevieres) and park for free (for the whole week!); then get the free ski bus back up to Val Claret (you'll need to ride the Boisses chairlift up from Les Brevieres if you park there - but it's free to pedestrians).
On your final day, do the same in reverse OR check-out early, drive down to park at Les Boisses or Les Brevieres and ski from/back there.
I've done this before.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We rented an apartment just behind the Diva 2013 & parked our car in the covered car park, think it was the Golf Club, price was around €70 i think, dead easy to find as you enter Val Claret turn left at the r/about, well sign posted.

We arrived early Saturday & as is the norm we were not entitled to access until late afternoon, we phoned prior to arriving in resort & the cleaning staff explained whilst the apartment wasn't ready for us they kindly allowed us to unload our stuff, get changed in the apartment & hit the slopes Toofy Grin

Did the same this year in Les Menuires, as for covered parking, I find it just more convenient & in the whole scheme of things couldn't be bothered driving down the hill & getting the free bus back, ultimately various options available.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good tip Snow Beard - that's what we always do. Or if you move the car down to Les Brevieres on the last day, you can ski down to it, have a massive last run - and save 10-15 mins driving time from Val Claret.

A further tip re luggage: If you don't want to leave it in the car on your last day, there are left luggage facilities at the tourist offices at Val Claret an Le Lac. There are showers too, if required.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy