Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens Rental Shop

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all,

I'm off to Val Thorens on 10th Jan and renting skis for the first time in years.

Does anyone have any recommendations on decent hire shops? We are staying in the Altitude Chalet complex if that helps to narrow things down based on location.

Any advice greatly appreciated Smile

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have had good deals on line from Goitschel Sports in the past. They offer a discount, if booked in advance on their website and (last season at least) allowed us to collect the skis from 1.30 pm the day before the rental, at no extra charge. So we managed a freebie half day.

They have 4 shops in the town, so there should be one near to your accommodation.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, also had good experiences with the Goitschel shops, I think the closest one to you is across the road from "the Frog and Rosbif" pub.

Book in advance online for up to 40% discount on walk-in prices too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IMO all the hire shops are pretty much of a muchness. Big savings can be had by booking online in advance. What has worked for us is booking a very cheap deal with rubbish skis in advance. Then go back at lunchtime on the first day complaining that your skis are rubbish. Then get instant replacement with good skis. Worked for us.
Don't hire anymore as have bought new the lovely skis that we ended up with.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice. I will give Goitschel shop a try.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've always used Top Sports (part of Sport2000) which is in the Caron Centre, up the stairs from the pool. They've always been really good and plenty of discounts to be had.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I often use Ski Republic - half-price / 2 for 1, inc free helmets.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy