Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What a tool!

Poster: A snowHead
It's people skiing like that on the same slopes as me that made me start to wear a helmet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's people punching like that on the same slopes as me that made me start to wear a helmet. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Total tool on snow blades! What do you expect, no idea, no real gear but has a Go Pro. He was lucky nobody was hurt was a result of his stupidity as these days they sue the backside off you. My right knee was destroyed when someone similarly buzzed a beginner group and one lad lost control and hit me. We were also on a path linking 2 easy pistes, and I was bringing my group down one by one. If I'd been the instructor I'd have tried to grab the tit too, then rammed his bloody blades where the sun don't shine!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In different ways I think DB and @Samerberg Sue, have nailed the issues here Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Total tool on snow blades! What do you expect, no idea, no real gear but has a Go Pro. He was lucky nobody was hurt was a result of his stupidity as these days they sue the backside off you. My right knee was destroyed when someone similarly buzzed a beginner group and one lad lost control and hit me. We were also on a path linking 2 easy pistes, and I was bringing my group down one by one. If I'd been the instructor I'd have tried to grab the tit too, then rammed his bloody blades where the sun don't shine!
Lol, that made me laugh out loud.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@clarky999, Too right Matt............knobheeeds! Totally out of control and skiing into slower skiers from behind, Room 101......
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe the first collision was partly bad luck but why did he take a second person out, obviously out of control and no technique. Looked like snow blades too?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Lift faffer, to be fair, I don't think there was much he could do about the second skier after he had bumped the first. he should never have been there in the first place of course - wot DB said above
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flaine skier wrote:

He's still in the wrong though, for being an ESF instructor...

This.

See rule 1. Consideration for others.

http://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/skicircus/good-to-knowskibus/fis-piste-rules.html

It is clearly inconsiderate and somewhat dangerous to be leading a snake of beginners down very slowly in a manner that takes up the whole piste. If they need to ski that slowly, they should have been taken down a wider piste so that everyone can pass.

Its just like 3 vehicles driving 3 abreast down an emptyish motorway at 30mph holding up everything behind.
Its just like boaders sat in the middle of a crowded piste.

Both inconsiderate.

Everyone always assumes the uphill skier is always at fault because there are specific rules directed at them, but Rule 1 works both ways - everyone should be considerate, uphill or downhill. It is rule 1 for a reason.

I'm not going to defend the guy who got punched, he was out of control, but he should have been left some room.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@fullenglish, bollux

See rule 1:

Quote:
1. Consideration for others

Skiers and snowboarders must constantly behave in a manner, which can neither endanger or injure others.

Those beginners were no danger to anyone. They may have slowed people down a bit, but that is only dangerous if some impatient clown decides they can't wait 10 seconds to get to a wider bit of piste. The danger was created 100% by Mr GoPro

Skiing in a considerate manner does not mean skiing in a way which allows everyone including tailgunning out of control snowlerbladers to ski as fast as they like all the time

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 19-12-14 16:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@fullenglish, I don't agree, that slope wasn't that narrow, there was loads of room to the right, plus they were probably using that piste to get from one piste to another and were still doing their turns, it doesn't look that steep so had every right to be there, sure they weren't following tracks very well but they look like early beginners so can be forgiven for that. If he was as good as he claims to be he would have had no problem, plus as it was a short section he could have waited a bit if his ability wasn't good enough to get through those skiers. They were far enough apart to just go through them even without coming to close.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@fullenglish, Puzzled inconsidered by being a novice and going at an appropriate speed? Grow-up and get real. Although the piste section is not very wide, but at least I could see several ways out of this situation. Just crashing into somebody and saying - you did not leave me room - is a stupid excuse.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 19-12-14 16:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good on the instructor for biffing him one. Maybe he'll think twice about skiing past beginners like that in future. It makes me really angry when people tear down bunny slopes (though this guy was hardly going fast) and buzz people that are learning to ski and twits like him can ruin a new skier's confidence, as well as cause accidents.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 19-12-14 16:21; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fullenglish is mr gopro tool and i claim my £5 Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@fullenglish,
Quote:

It is clearly inconsiderate and somewhat dangerous to be leading a snake of beginners down very slowly in a manner that takes up the whole piste

??
so you can't take beginners down a cat track? Even if its a green/blue run? That's going to rule out quite a few pistes! Sometimes they are unavoidable, e.g. the ones linking one ski area to another.

As for "he should have been left some room"..why? He can just wait behind the others until the piste has widened out or finishes. If there isn't room to overtake then don't do it.
Quote:

Its just like 3 vehicles driving 3 abreast down an emptyish motorway at 30mph holding up everything behind

Rubbish. They aren't skiing abreast, they are skiing one behind the other, in a typical S shape. An experienced skier could have easily got past them without coming close to contact.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 19-12-14 16:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
fullenglish wrote:
It is clearly inconsiderate and somewhat dangerous to be leading a snake of beginners down very slowly in a manner that takes up the whole piste. If they need to ski that slowly, they should have been taken down a wider piste so that everyone can pass.

No it's not, they are learners. He can't send them down alone or leave a massive gap between each skier, the instructor needs to be near the learner skiers to help them should they Need his/her assistance. Moving slowly as a group is fine and not dangerous - People behind just need to wait a few seconds or take the offpiste.

fullenglish wrote:
Its just like 3 vehicles driving 3 abreast down an emptyish motorway at 30mph holding up everything behind.
Its just like boaders sat in the middle of a crowded piste.

False anology, the truck drivers have complete control and can move over the learner skiers don't have such control and use turns to slow themselves down.

It's like those twits on the motorway that sit on your back bumper flashing you to get out of the way when you have 5 cars in front of you.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 19-12-14 16:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Arno,

First Word of rule 1:

Unneccessarily holding people up is inconsiderate wherever you are, whoever you are, whatever you are doing.

I don't particularly blame the beginners for this, the ESF instructor should have them on a tigher leash.
ski holidays
Popcorn on standby.
latest report
Rubbish!! That's a beginner's slope. If the people skiing where there are lessons going on don't like it, then they should use other pistes that aren't being used for tuition. They are learning, not holding anyone up. If I come across groups of beginners, that take up a load of space, I wait.
snow report
@fullenglish, but if you actually read the whole thing, rather than deciding "consideration" means what you want it to mean, you will see consideration is about not endangering people, rather than allowing people to ski as fast as they like on a cat track

there's a time and a place to ski like a dickhead and on a cat track with nervous beginners around is not it Evil or Very Mad
snow report
@fullenglish, you're full of something.

They are not being inconsiderate, they are learners skiing down within their limits.

So how is the Instructor supposed to get them down the piste?
snow conditions
@ansta1, lol, lol, lol,

@fullenglish, How do you suggest he does that?
snow conditions
@fullenglish,
Quote:

unnecessarily holding people up

its not unnecessary though, thats the whole point, they are learning to ski. They are in way more control than the guy with the Gopro by the looks of it
Quote:

a tigher leash

? they are beginners so he's probably told them to leave enough room between each other for someone to crash/fall/unexpectedly turn etc.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 19-12-14 16:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
fullenglish wrote:
@Arno,

First Word of rule 1:

Unneccessarily holding people up is inconsiderate wherever you are, whoever you are, whatever you are doing.

I don't particularly blame the beginners for this, the ESF instructor should have them on a tigher leash.

By that analogy, if you or someone is mincing their way down a nice black run you are being inconsiderate and shouldn't be there, or perhaps you or someone has decided on 3 course instead of one and being inconsiderate by holding a lunchtime table when i just want a bowl of soup and a quick beer.

The key part is "injure or endanger others" we were talking about 30 seconds at most waiting or going slow. It took him longer to turn his camera and and check it was recording. If he hadn't bothered he would have been in front of them anyway.
ski holidays
I will admit I hate getting caught behind a snake on the mountain, I always have to spend a few min working out where they are going to turn next so I can avoid them. Espically if there are kids in the group, my husband reckons it is my kryptonite, I have to be sure I stay well away from them. ( just in case )
snow report
@biddpyat, if you hate it that much the best solution for you then is to just improve your skiing so you are able to navigate your way around them safely and in control(!). In that clip it was easily possible for a good skier to get round them without causing any problems to them. Over the years I can't think of any occasions when I've been held up for more than a few seconds, because I can ski at a level which means I can get round beginners without any risk to them or me. And if I can't then I just wait for a few seconds and then pick my moment.
latest report
Why are they called 'cat tracks'?
snow report
@alex99, I was saying that I hate to see them not that I couldn't pass them, I do navigate around them, did you not read my other posts? in all of them I say that there was lots of room to go around them. My point on hating getting caught behind them is that I have to make sure I give them plenty of room, so rather would be in front of them, I was prompted to make that point when Ansta 1 said if the tool with the go pro , didn't want to get stuck behind them, he would have been in front had he not stopped to fix his go pro..... If you go back and read the other posts on the thread you will see that at no point do I condone or make any excuses for the bladers behaviour.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What an idiot, deserved what he got!
latest report
@fullenglish, Next time you are skiing more slowly than I, remind me to barrel you
latest report
martinm wrote:
Why are they called 'cat tracks'?

Because thats where the snow cats drive, or piste bashers, or whatever you would like to call them.
snow conditions
If you ask me the ESF guy c0cked up.

His stance was all wrong and he didn't get enough power in his follow through.

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@thecramps, +1 Laughing
snow conditions
@thecramps, Laughing Laughing Laughing snowHead
latest report
@thecramps, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Got bored clicking.

Where is thefullenglishfool btw?
snow report
thecramps wrote:
If you ask me the ESF guy c0cked up.

His stance was all wrong and he didn't get enough power in his follow through.

Madeye-Smiley

But he's ESF so it's not about how effective he got it across, it's how fast he got there.
latest report
ansta1 wrote:
Where is thefullenglishfool btw?

Removing his footage from youtube? Razz
latest report
@martinm, ho^3
snow report
I back up the 99% of sane people here... the moviemaker is both dangerous to others and damned inconsiderate. If he made a mistake then stop immediately and apologise, but he was so much up his own backside that this, combined with his lack of skill to stick 6 inches from the piste edge, made him fully deserving of the instructor attempting to stop him.

IMHO, rather than a hand block, a knife slash to the outside of his left thigh muscle would have left a nice trail off the side of the piste for rabid marmottes to follow and devourer him.
snow report
Harsh, but fair
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy