Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So who's off and where this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
We're leaving Hampshire early doors for the chunnel Sat morning, diving to Macon for an overnight and then on to Tignes Les Boisses Sunday. Might stop off in Vallandry en route to drop my niece her Christmas pressie as not sure now we'll manage to meet up for a ski in the week.

Not looking forward to the traffic mayhem Saturday and wondered who else from the snowHead community will be on the road.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Leaving Derbyshire Friday lunchtime, Chunnel around 3.30, staying overnight in Epernay. Saturday morning checking out champagne producers and driving down to the Grand Massif Suturday afternoon. If you see a blue discovery with a roof box and small Snowheads sticker on the back, wave. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Leaving the City Friday night to travel down to Dorset to meet the family, then flying early doors to Geneva or Chambery and then up to Meribel, can't wait to see everyone!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Leaving here at 6:30am on Saturday morning to make sure I don't get caught in the traffic jams expected on the roads around me (A8 and A93). An hour and a quarter later I'll be where I spend my Christmas and New Year holiday - Sportwelt amadé

Will spend the day sorting out the holiday apartments I look after and welcoming the new guests before going to my hotel in Altenmarkt in Pongau where I'll be based for the next 18 days!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Up at 4am on Sunday morning for 7am flight from luton, should be able to get in 3 hours of skiing on Sunday afternoon Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nothing drastic. If conditions are OK, we will drive from Geneva to La Thuile on Saturday, stay a night and come back Sunday. Never been to La Thuile and none of the local resorts GM, PDS, Megeve etc have snow. Cham\Verbier might have something but can't bear the thought of the hordes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fly out from Birmingham to Chambery 6:45 out to Les Menuires Happy Christmas Snowheads and Happy Skiing everyone. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
6.40 am flight from Edinburgh to Lyon on Saturday. Staying in Chamrousse.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Driving from Brussels to the Dolomites (Santa Cristina). Starting out Friday evening and stopping in Luxembourg overnight to join up with friends. Snow above 1800 m looks quite good.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's the 2am Eurotunnel for us on Saturday morning, hoping to arrive in resort around 2pm Saturday afternoon. We'll be staying in Valfrejus for Christmas, and excitement levels are up significantly since the webcams are showing lots of lovely snow! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
horizon wrote:
Driving from Brussels to the Dolomites (Santa Cristina).

snowHead

Done that exact road trip. Val Gardena is fantastic.
It's a fair hike. From memory we overnighted in Ulm, Germany.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 18-12-14 9:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
First weekend in a month we wont have gone skiing. Off back to the uk!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
6.35 at Luton to Zurich for me and a train to saas fee. Snow in the village overnight so getting excited now, despite the bosses best efforts to make my early start hell by booking the Xmas do for the night before.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lampygirl wrote:
6.35 at Luton to Zurich for me and a train to saas fee. Snow in the village overnight so getting excited now, despite the bosses best efforts to make my early start hell by booking the Xmas do for the night before.

I'm missing mine tomorrow in London as have a 7am flight out of Bournemouth or Southampton the next day!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Juddernaut wrote:
horizon wrote:

snowHead

We did it regularly from West Cornwall, non-stop via the chunnel. 19-20hrs.
snow report
I'm going to Burgundy for Christmas.
snow conditions
Mollerski wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:
horizon wrote:

snowHead

We did it regularly from West Cornwall, non-stop via the chunnel. 19-20hrs.

Fair effort. Same driver?
My record is Venice to Brussels - 14 hours non stop. Winter, nighttime, blizzard across Nothern Italy. Interesting.
ski holidays
heading of to Val Disere Friday night should arrive in Saturday lunchtime/arvo. En Route back to to the NZ summer with no snow unfortunately..
latest report
Flying to Geneva friday night for a 4 day pre-christmas ski (hopefully) in La Clusaz with my son.
latest report
7.00 am chunnel tomorrow morning for us , then straight down to Val D Isere with a lunch stop so we beat the saturday rush .....

Packing the car up shortly to embark on our first European Ski christmas , this time last year we were just enjoying the sun in LA for a few days before heading to Utah for our normal skiing christmas.

last year snow levels were lower than normal in utah , and this year ........... rolling eyes i really must unsubscribe from the Ski utah dump alerts Embarassed
latest report
Early flight Sunday Gatwick to Turin, then transfer out to Bardonecchia, to fight for space on the few open pistes...

(Or sit in the hot tub until it's time for the bar to open)
ski holidays
Flying from Geneva to Brussel tomorrow evening so I'm going in the wrong direction Sad Here's to 6 weeks of studying! But, I already had a couple of days and I'll be skiing again from the very last day of January on. Have a really nice time, everyone flying or driving out! Very Happy
ski holidays
Have a great time folks, what a lovely way to spend Christmas.
ski holidays
Christmas shopping in Guildford Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Ignoring Christmas completely...
latest report
Leaving on saturday night snowHead

Going to a local pub for pre-christmas meal and beer with a load of friends Confused

Leaving on Sunday afternoon. snowHead

Going to the mother-in-laws to tea Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
08:45 Manchester to Munich on Saturday, then up to Serfaus. Which has about 30km of very thin looking piste open. I'll be taking my hillwalking boots and lots of books to read. Sad
ski holidays
05:55 flight from Gatwick to Innsbruck & then on to Soelden for a week! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
4.00 am Chunnel crossing on Sunday 10 hr drive with missus and kids to spend a week on the green pastures of the Grand Massif..........but like the " murpheys" I am not bitter.......grrrrrrrrrrrr
snow report
Early Sat flight to St Anton, with mrs sev112 and little miss sev112 (teenager in waiting)

Things looking a lot better than even several days ago.

First Xmas in the mountains

Hope you all get some snow
latest report
A civilized 2pm flight on Saturday to Salzburg, transfer to Soll where we'll be fighting for a week to ski the 36km of piste open (hopefully they've had so little open this week to preserve some of the other runs and they open a bit more).

Tempted to take the laptop just in case, can get some work done rather than do it when I get home!
snow conditions
7AM flight on Sunday from Birmingham into Torino for a week in Cervina snowHead
snow conditions
Well only because that lot looks pretty Euro centric... I'm Heading west from Heathrow. It looks like the highway's been cleared. Actually looks pretty thin - you can see the alders. I suspect there's rain damage out there too, which may be interesting.
snow report
Off to Disneyland Paris for a few days. Toofy Grin Skiing booked for later in the season.
latest report
Off to the PDS from Saturday on a week long walking holiday Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
@dsoutar, the sun has come out this morning and puts a whole new complexion on things.
snow report
Fly into Venice on Saturday 27th and then up to the Dolomites on Sunday (Badia)

Fingers and toes crossed there's decent snow, higher up seems fine but the Village is still green all over Sad
snow conditions
This weekend I am in Kirkwood, California. And it has just thrown down powder!

I feel lucky - normally this weekend involves last minute panic induced Christmas shopping.

7.40 am here. Just warming up in front of the fire with coffees before heading out into all that lovely fresh stuff.
ski holidays
I'm going to Royal Leamington Spa. Sadly I gather there isn't much snow and all the lifts are closed, but the nightlife's supposed to be pretty good so I'm not too fussed.
latest report
Drove to Les Saisies yesterday. 15 hours, mostly in heavy rain. Disconcerting when you are completed blinded passing trucks. Was good to arrive in one piece. Good audio book helped. Diesel in Sallanches was 1.06 a litre!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy