Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!!! What do I do - due in Lech tomorrow?

Poster: A snowHead
I have booked a trip to Lech via Friedrichshafen leaving tomorrow. Due to the heavy snowfall Lech is cut off and will be until well in tomorrow,possibly longer. In such scenarios what does one do once we reach Langen Station?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helicopter ? weather tomorrow should be a bit clearer than today but still snowy, however they may well have managed to clear the way it's not as if they're in the UK where we don't know how to cope with any snow
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, have you see the prices Very Happy I am really disappointed, and having a couple of young kids in tow I don't really fancy a night on Platform 1 of the station. Typical, perfect power and we can't get near it!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lisach, have you contacted wherever you are planning to stay ? They may offer a suitable suggestion, I'd seriously doubt that you would be left on the platform
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf, yes thanks I have and am waiting a reply. They must have had guests due today and I have asked what happened to them Puzzled I suppose we could still take the flight but then we could be pushed to get suitable accomodation so late.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lisach, check with your insurance, they may prefer you to be out there and cover alternative accomodation than pay for alternate flights
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, the flight cost is not such an issue. I hate to let down the Hotel but its a leap of faith that we will have to take that the road will be clear. I just can't see any change in the situation before we leave tomorrow, even the Tourist Office were unsure what was happening.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lisach, Even in very heavy snow the roads in the alps are cleared incredibly quickly. I really would not panic. Take the number of the hotel handy, do everything as you expected, and it'll probably be OK. If not, it's not a frantically busy week, so you should be able to find overnight accommodation at the bottom of the hill.

Good luck - lucky you - we had another sunny day today - bah! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks easiski, my worry is that they said exactly that they said this morning! I have just checked the Snow Line again and the situation isn't improving, still heavy snow at 18.15. They have already had 80cm in the village and 110cm in the Ski Area, its cruel!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 17-12-05 23:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lisach, Bah! indeed - stiff upper lip, Get to road blockage, then Kyber Pass spirit - 120 paces per minute, quick march, hike to accommodation, wot eh? Splendid! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd take a chance I'd get through and if not stop overnight in the nearest hotel. You'll get there the next day and be real close to all that snow..!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the problem is not clearing the roads, it's avalanche danger if the weather's bad and they can't bomb the slopes above the roads. I know, I've been stranded in Lech for 5 extra days.

Try St Anton for a day?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lisach, I think it's highly unlikely that your hotel will bill you for nights you've not used due to this situation, so you should be able to fund alternative accommodation without needing an insurance claim (though I would definitely register the problem with the insurers and seek guidance).

Lech is cut off periodically like this, but it's better than the opposite. I was in St Anton at New Year with my father back in the early 1960s and we had no snow - so we had to escape to Switzerland!

If things remain problematic, try and pull out of the whole deal with the hotel (rather than be kept hanging on) and go to an alternative resort - Ischgl, Solden, Obergurgl are places that spring to mind. The hotel is probably insured for these extreme weather events, since they hit Lech from time to time.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lisach, How did you get on? What happened in the end?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ray Zorro, I think lisach, is still there, but I'm dying to hear how it worked out!
ski holidays
easiski, I think so too, but I noticed that she signed in earlier this morning ...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy