Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gressoney la Trinite

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be heading to Gressoney for an off piste guided week the first week of Feb.

I'll be staying in La Trinite which as I understand it is very quiet. Will suit me as I think at best I'll manage a beer or two, some food and crash!

I'll be going solo staying nr the lift in a B&B so far as I can tell over a bar-it was cheap. Hopefully will be able to able to get a couple of beers with the others on the course. Anyone recommend eateries etc? Is there anything along the lines of a minimart? ATM? Otherwise I can stock up on route and make sure I have ample cash for the week.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bene, no idea if there's anything in St Jean, but I don't think there is in la T. Probably a Small supermarket or two on the road up but I'd arrive with everything I might need.

(Actually, there must be something reasonably close...?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, Hello again Very Happy should maybe have just tagged this on to my other thread.

Cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were in Gressoney la Trinite for a walking holiday at the end of the summer - there was a tiny shop that sold some essentials but it didn't look as if it had much (we were in catered accommodation so didn't need it ourselves). I don't remember seeing an ATM. Stocking up en route sounds like a good plan. It's a nice village - very quiet as you say, but very scenic too. There are a few bars/cafes/restaurants scattered around.

I saw at least one small supermarket in Gressoney St Jean (although it was closed at the time) - and there is a small shopping centre up the valley in Staffal (opposite the main lifts), which was also closed when we investigated!

Hope you have a good time - we really liked the area for summer walking and I'd like to return in winter sometime.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Its very quiet as you have said, there is a very small supermarket, and yes there is an ATM near the square/church.

TBH only a handful of restaurants in the village but really nice, you'll be fine

Can;t remember the name of the restaurant but its at the top of the punta Jolanda lift, was superb and great value.

You will love the area for off piste, its hard to match.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quiet overall .... best après bar is under Hotel Nordend by the Guides office in Staffal.
Can get bus back to Trinite.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@catclaires, small shopping centre in Staffal? Opposite the main lifts? (You mean there are any other lifts?) must have walked past it 50 times and never noticed. Hey ho Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, Yes - thats's where the Monte Rosa Guides office is with the bar next door.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the replies. My experience of staying in Italy is the smaller hotelliers will offer a discount if paying in cash, but ideally wouldn't want that much cash on me.

Looking forward to it, sounds like it may be the the quietest area I'll have been to, previously would have held by La Rosiere. It a couple of years since I've skied in Italy, last time was Courmayeur. Enjoyed in the bars where they laid out cured meats and cheeses for the punters. Very Happy

Will be doing full days guided off piste so expect to be bushed so lack of apres bars won't be an issue.

Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy