Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

plum guide bindings on a rossi soul 7

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone tried out the plum guides on something as wide underfoot as a soul 7 (108 I think)

I realise you wouldnt want to go mach loony or cliff jumping but for day touring focussed more on the downhill would they suit?

I know plum do the yak for wider skis and I'm getting marker f12 epf tours on the soul 7's quiver killed so wondered if it was worth getting a set of holes drilled for the plums I have as well?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not quite the same but I use Dynafit TLT Speeds on skis which are 105 and 112mm underfoot. I also have them quiver killered for marker f12s. Don't love the dynafits on hardpack but great for soft snow
my general rule is that if I am touring from lifts, I'll go with the markers; if it is all human powered, it's time for the dynafits
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used old Dynafit TLT speeds (what the plum design is based on IIRC) on 193cm 116mm skis last season and this year moved them to 184cm 120mm skis. One of my mates regularly tours on 128mm Praxis Protests .with dynafits

I can't see why you'd have a problem - the Plums should, in theory, be stronger if anything than the TLT Speeds.

As long as the snow is soft/powdery they're also more than solid enough to charge on. I'm not much of a hucker, so no comment there though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No discussion about tech bindings and charging would be complete without a clip of Hoji. Looks like he's on Vertical FTs and Ravens here (122mm waist).

https://vimeo.com/31047821
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@smithaldo, if you're doing a Tour/Plum dual mount then you should get the regular F12 Tour (not the EPF) as the hole pattern on the Tour for the rearmost heel screws are the same as the Dynafit (of which the Plum is a copy) & most people (depending upon their BSL) can share the same inserts - whereas using the wider Tour EPF will most likely give you a diagonal hole conflict.

There is absolutely no loss of performance of the regular tour v the EPF (it's the torsional stiffness of the binding/ski that transmits the power to the edge not the width of the frame) & the regular Tour costs less - I've got 'em at great price as I bought loads from Marker specifically for doing this type of dual mount.

And I strongly recommend Dynafits over Plum (the Plum looks sexy but I've seen too many breakages on the Plum & it's heel base flexes too much), especially as the Radical toe design is waaay ahead of the old style Vertical 5 screw design of which the Plum is a copy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks jon. I got too good a deal to resist on the EPF tour (480 quid for s7 180s, BD skins and, tour elf bindings plus quiver killer mounting) so I suppose that rules out a dual mount for the plums.

To be honest I'm not that bothered as realistically, If I'm thinking I need the weight saving enough to not use the markers I'll just be using my scott crusairs anyway. I can see how I get on over the year though.

I know what you mean about the plums, but bought mine when they came out and had no problems at all with them over about 30 days out so far.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy