Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip 24/01 & Recommended Operators

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone!

Hope everyone's doing well.

My wife and I are looking to go away to France (ideally) 24th Jan for a week. At the moment everything seems to be quite expensive (circa £500) - is this a popular week to go, or are prices just more expensive these days? We missed last season as we were on our honeymoon, but normally pay around £450 in March.

Also, we've been looking on the following sites. Could anyone recommend some others, or whether it's better to book hotel/transfers/flights separately (and who you used)

skiworld.com
igluski
neilsens
crystal

Thanks!

J
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Holiday prices do seem to have taken a bit of a jump this year so I think it's just what it costs.

I've done both independent and package bookings and don't think there's a lot in it. If you can book early, so get flights while they're low independent will be cheaper. If you book last minute then a discounted package will be cheaper. In the middle flights are more expensive and car hire always cost more than you think they should - but you can shop at a full supermarket en-route, not at the expensive little SPAR (why's it always a SPAR?!?!) in resort.

I've used Inghams a few times with no issues. In fact the time we used Iglu it turned out we were in the care of Inghams reps anyway.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it's just two of you why not wait until last min?

Last week in Jan is the one I normally go, usually pay circa £550 for a week somewhere catered and a big resort, which is normally a 'budget' option if you know what I mean.. I normally booked Aug time, so now you will be looking at higher prices.

If you find a place you like the look of, phone a few agents and tell them what you are getting elsewhere. I always do it and as much as they say they can't reduce their price as they all get it from the same source, they all end up knocking money off.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
junitrules wrote:
Hey everyone!

Hope everyone's doing well.

My wife and I are looking to go away to France (ideally) 24th Jan for a week. At the moment everything seems to be quite expensive (circa £500) - is this a popular week to go, or are prices just more expensive these days? We missed last season as we were on our honeymoon, but normally pay around £450 in March.

Also, we've been looking on the following sites. Could anyone recommend some others, or whether it's better to book hotel/transfers/flights separately (and who you used)

skiworld.com
igluski
neilsens
crystal

Thanks!

J

I'm not sure I'd put £500 (assume pp) in the expensive category, but I may be the exception. Also there may be a (given the reported poor early season snow cover) a surfeit of people dropping the late minute xmas/new year deal option and going for a more snow sure date in late Jan/early Feb and as such TO's and other are upping their prices due to A. demand and B. the drop in income or costs attirbuted with moving people between resorts in the earlier weeks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies.

Prices generally seem more this year so I think the normal price has increased.

I agree that people are probably holding off until January instead of going December, which could have increased demand in Jan/Feb.

Will try calling the operators and see if I can haggle the price.

Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wait and see what the weather is like. Tbf 500 doesn't seem too much. Depends where u r staying and what u get I guess.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look at Silver Ski. They go to the 3 Valleys and La Plagne and are always good value. They have just started reducing their prices for January.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How old are you guys?

If under 30 then try Action Outdoors. Give them a call to discuss options.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
junitrules wrote:

Will try calling the operators and see if I can haggle the price.

Smile

I tend to find that doesn't work if I'm honest, you might get a small discount out of an independant high street holiday shop though.

Best thing to do is find a holiday and see what extras are available, ie 2 for one lift passes etc.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bezthespaniard, +1 not a bad shout.. pretty reasonable prices when you including 3 meals etc
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We're 30 and 31

Gonna keep looking around in case something pops up
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy