Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas Week - Recommendations on Resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to book a week skiing flying out on 21/12/14 for Christmas. Just wondering if anybody has been in resort this week and had a good time? Been looking at La Plagne, Les Arcs, Morzine etc but not a lot of snow about. Andorra looks like it has the most and needless to say the holidays to Pas De La Cassa have gone from the Crystal site. Any recommendations and anyone been about this week?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obergurgl - Looks pretty good with more snow forecast over the coming week.

Ischgl also.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val Thorens seems to the bets place in the French alps - lots of fresh powder last week

I'm off to Val D that week, 51 pistes open (from 155) and more snow due, so could be worse. I've been every Xmas for the last 6 years and it's normally mint. just this year it's looking dicey.

Ischgl as said above is worth a look but only 32/65 pistes open currently but they are due a dump on Thursday unlike the French alps which are going to heat up and melt Sad

Tough call....maybe Whistler or Japan solves the problem Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cervinia?

I would avoid La Plagne and Les Arcs, they are having a truly terrible start to the season so far. Of course it could all turn round but you don't know.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you haven't booked already I wouldn't personally. Give it another month and it's likely that it will be much better.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unless there is a serious dump in next few days, I'd be avoiding French resorts. For holiday weeks, high up areas like VT will be overrun by visitors from other resorts if weather stays mild. Even the Ski Club which is generally strongly optimistic about snow conditions have struggled to maintain their "glass half full" outlook.
Mayrhofen in Austria could be an option. Big ski area and looks like it could get some snow later in week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cervinia Plan Maison (2550m):

Val Thorens highest point (3230m):

http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/val-thorens/live/livecams--webcams/webcam-tyrolienne.648.html

VT looks relatively bare to me.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would def stay clear of the portes du soleil,morzine and Les gets are completely green with no snow at all on the slopes,avoriaz has about 7 pistes open and the conditions on them are not good,Saturday and Sunday was very busy,today there wasn't as many people up there but it's got even milder now and rocks are showing in a lot of places on pistes,if avoriaz is the only bit of the pds open for Xmas week it was chaos with everyone in the one small area
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At present I wouldn't bother with France. The few places with some snow will be rammed. Reports from alberg are poor suggesting might be similar in Austria. It,s not a good year for Christmas skiing though if it doesn't get too warm might yet be some last minute snow. But freezing levels sadly look like being too high for artificial snow at lower levels in much of France and Austria.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anybody been in Andora? They look to have most of the slopes open. Anywhere on the Grandvalira - Pas De La Casa, Soldeu, El Tarter looks ok. Would like to here from anyone who's out this week.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Might be worth looking into the French Pyrenees as well as Andora.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy