Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Years Eve - Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I wondered if anybody could offer any advice. I will be in VT over New year with 8 friends.

I'm quite keen not end up stuck wandering around resort trying to find somewhere to eat and drink on NYE and even more keen to avoid huge crowds.

One idea I had was to find a restaurant in the mountains which does evening torch ski/snow shoe type thing. Does anyone have any recommendations and am I likely to have missed the boat with booking.

So far I've emailed Chalet De La Marine and Les Chalets du Thorens to see if they have any specific event planned and if there's any availability.

Thanks in advance for any tips. I'm also welcome to any completely different way to spend the evening I haven't thought of!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know of any places that offer what you are looking for, but your mention of torch ski/snow show made me think of the toboggan ride in Val Thorens. We did it in the evening, and while there were no torches, we were given headlamps, which made for a truly magical and memorable descent down to the town, beautifully lit at night. At the end of the ride, which took about an hour, we were given gluhwein and snacks. It was a lovely way to spend an evening and definitely a very fun activity for a group of friends. I am NOT suggesting that that's how you should be celebrating New Year's Eve, but what I am saying is if you don't find any other options that offer excitement plus dining, you could consider going tobogganing to start the evening and then head to one of the restaurants in VT for a nice meal, wine, etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy