Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal using Evo2 instead of ESF

Poster: A snowHead
We are travelling to Tignes Val Claret with Crystal in January. My 11 year old son has been working through his ESF badges and is thoroughly looking forward to trying to achieve his bronze medal on our next trip.

We just received our travel documents and I noticed that the Ski Lessons are with EVO2 (wasn't mentioned when I added it to our booking) When I rang Crystal they told me that they are no longer using ESF.

I am considering whether to go with it or to cancel the lessons and book directly with ESF in Tignes.

Have posted for 2 reasons, firstly to get opinions from others that have used EVO2 and secondly as a word of warning to others that may be in the same situation - Crystal told me they wouldn't accept Ski lesson cancellations in resort.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@timscott, Welcome to Snowheads. Crystal are not the only British Tour Operator to move from ESF, Mark Warner and others have too. ESF are seen as being behind banning of guiding of guests by British TO's. I would expect that Evo2 would be at least as good as ESF and must have their own award scheme too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the welcome Claude (I've lurked in the background for a while). You are quite right they have 'Yeti' levels.

My sensible head says it will be absolutely fine, I just know my son will be a little disappointed as he has skied through 6 levels over 7 years with ESF and would like to complete the set wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Problem you might have is finding English group lessons in January for kids if it's outside of the school holidays. Crystal will probably have their own dedicated ones.

My daughter flipped around between different ski schools in different countries; Norway and Canada before doing Bronze and Gold with ESF, then TDC in Tignes and Summit in Zermatt. Best lessons however were with an independent English instructor in L2A. It didn't do her any harm!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@timscott,

Why not contact Crystal first ask them about EVO2's award scheme. Link below to EVO2 website and awards for children.

http://evolution2-tignes.com/en/53-val-claret-children-ski

I can understand why the TO are moving from the ESF as others on other threads have mentioned if you don't like something vote with your feet/wallet which is exactly what the TO are doing because the ESF are part of the force behind stopping them from guiding so by taking all their custom elsewhere they are enforcing their view guiding does not affect the number of lessons they put the way of ESF but stopping it definitely will.

Try this post from snowheads in 2005

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11491

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 12-12-14 12:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good point, think you are right - we should go with the flow.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Esprit use Evo2 in Val d'Isere but ESF in La Plagne. It seems a bit disjointed as having earned a "Yeti" level in Val last season my son will switch to ESFs version this season. It's no big deal but it seems that the use of different schools is resort dependent.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@timscott, I've used Evo in the past, and see no reason to use ESF over them - all you need to do is explain to the kids that the levels are effectively the same, and I am sure Evo will give them specific goals to aim for during the time available.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Evo2 in La Ros last year were great.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Evo2 in Montchavin are also excellent. They were our local shop/school when I spent a season there in 12/13. We had some lessons with them which were really great and the feedback we got from all our guests was that they were outstanding.

I am sure your son will have no problems and love his time with them.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all your comments - it sounds like I don't have to worry Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can understand your son's disappointment, but ESF badges maybe of more value than their lessons.

Crack on with Evo2, he'll love it! Smile

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 12-12-14 15:06; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
EVO 2 are great and much more multinational than ESF. Certainly in Le Lac they make a big fuss of the kids at the end of the week with music at the awards ceremony etc. Evo 2 were born in Tignes and have a great reputation.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Claude B, can I ask who you used in L2A?

Was it "Charlotte"?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@timscott, if you are going to be continuing to do ski holidays in a variety of French resorts there's something to be said for sticking to ESF as your son has so enjoyed his time with them - their "levels" are probably more transferable.
ski holidays
I've used evo 2 in Chamonix for guiding and we're perfectly fine. Used Eco rider for kids lessons and they've always been great. Never used ESF and can't blame the travel companies for ditching them.
latest report
@kiteman69, Yes, my daugher and I have both had many lessons with her.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy