Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bit quiet in here.....

Poster: A snowHead
.....where else do snowboarders hang out online?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ta, will sign up
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, there. Plus their discounts are pretty good too if you pay for membership.

... but they don't have as many skiers to take the wee wee out of.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Although their forum was dog slow yesterday and seems to be down this morning. Ummmm.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah looks like Dunx and his team are rebuilding the servers on a new platform at the moment - site has been down for maintenance a couple of times this past week and there are link errors this morning. Normal operation should resume soon hopefully...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gone Boarding.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Please don't direct me too other forums. I waste enough time online already.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
www.circleofshred.co.uk if your in the North West
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Whitelines website and FB page are worth visiting too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bit like tumble weed over there today, I'm currently obsessed with snowboarding, the dog is bored shitless on my incessant rambling and I need someone to have banter with Smile

Just subscribed to Whitelines to let off some nervous energy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@trainee snowboard jedi, As a trainee jedi you must learn that sometimes less is more and the sound of silence is deafening
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok, banter.... Why oh WHY so many Bataleon boards? *

* although I did almost buy a Jam last year.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You think it's quiet here now? Try hanging around in the summer!

I have a 154 Evil Twin that I picked up second hand and will probably sell on without even riding. It's a bit small though I'll be keeping the Cartels that came with it. I also have a Never Summer SL that's going, some Now Drives that my boot's don't really fit that I'll be looking to replace with a pair of Diodes for my as yet unridden PYL. If my wife knew about all the comings and goings occurring in the loft she'd go mental.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow Hound wrote:
You think it's quiet here now? Try hanging around in the summer!

I have a 154 Evil Twin that I picked up second hand and will probably sell on without even riding. It's a bit small though I'll be keeping the Cartels that came with it. I also have a Never Summer SL that's going, some Now Drives that my boot's don't really fit that I'll be looking to replace with a pair of Diodes for my as yet unridden PYL. If my wife knew about all the comings and goings occurring in the loft she'd go mental.

Laughing you sound a bit like me. The Mrs 'caught' me with a new powder board last week. apparently she'd got the impressing that I was only demoing it at MK. "I was darling then decided to buy it". That seemed to be her que to start looking at powder boards for her, ummm.
latest report
We bumped into Admin at the Snow Show and got talking about the Ski test at Hemel. I asked him about getting snowboards on test and he said that he'd love to, but can't get the numbers to add up. Companies won't show unless there is a decent crowd, and you can't get a decent crowd unless you have kit to demo... Catch 22.

Do we reckon that we can get a suitable mob together to demo kit off the back of one of the (probable) Ski test sessions next year? I'm game and TSJ sounds like he should bring a van to take home all the new boards he'll buy. If not we'll have to watch SCUK for one of their tests and send a SH contingent.
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, I'd certainly be down. I got caught out by the S&R 'demo offer' at Hemel last season and certainly won't be doing that again.

The concept of demoing a powder board in a fridge is an interesting one though: 'So it doesn't really perform too well on soft slushy bumps and a bit of ice? I'll take 1 of each size please!' Infinitely better than squinting at pictures on my phone though I will agree.
snow conditions
It was reading a few reviews and asking opinions of The Jam that eventually put me off as I couldn't find one to demo anywhere. On paper, it looked ideal but without trying the whole TBT thing, I was a bit cagey. Got an eye on the Jones Mountain Twin this year and having had a chat with a few people at TSA they're willing to allow tests at MK, if I ever get time to go up there. Don't know if S&R have similar policy at HH...
snow report
S&R at HH is basically snowboard roulette. £15 for the demo which you get back in the form of a voucher that can only be redeemed against the purchase of skis or a snowboard. If it was against anything in store then it wouldn't be so bad.
latest report
The TSA shop up at Tamworth used to let you demo boards and also you got some kind of cash back/price drop for slope time. It was a fair while back though.
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
It was reading a few reviews and asking opinions of The Jam that eventually put me off as I couldn't find one to demo anywhere. On paper, it looked ideal but without trying the whole TBT thing, I was a bit cagey. Got an eye on the Jones Mountain Twin this year and having had a chat with a few people at TSA they're willing to allow tests at MK, if I ever get time to go up there. Don't know if S&R have similar policy at HH...

I can recommend the Jam - great board. At my ability (intermediate) I tend to use the Goliath as my day to day board, but get the Jam out for when the conditions are perfect. Comparative to the Goliath, its faster and more stable. I run out of balls before I run out of speed Smile
snow report
I do like a bit of pace on my boards, plus I need to keep up with the wife who's not known for hanging around. Still riding my old Burton Triumph which is incredibly stable at speed. I was riding in Canada and the US at the time so the mid-wide worked well for me in the powder, plus I was a bit heavier back then and the float was great. Stiff, but you can really throw yourself into a turn and it'll hold an edge, but tech moves on and am thinking maybe something shorter with more flex...
latest report
@Richard_Sideways, I know the feeling re the wife, mine has done 2 seasons and spanks my back bottom, well used to but since having kids she's slowed down a bit.

Goliath has a bit more flex and I love TBT, the only thing is on ice it feels a little skittish but to be honest that's probably the rider rather than the board.

From memory, Goliath is stiffness 5, Jam is 7. My Goliath is a 161 and my Jam 161W. You can defo feel the difference. When I get on my Whatever which is a 159 and either 3 or 4 stiffness I can't remember it's great fun for chucking around but scary at speed. That's the pussy in me coming out. It's supposed to be a park board but my first foray into the park has not been a success Sad

I can't wait to get to Japan with the boys in Feb and try out my first powder board.
ski holidays
HA! M'lady Sideways has yet to see the light and convert to the One True Edge.

I've an old (all my stuff is old) K2 WWW which so ugly only a mother could love it on payday. Its a noodle of a thing (2 maybe, if you can believe those scales)but fun for the fridges, pointless taking the big ol' girl indoors - point, shoot, Richard_Sideways shaped hole in the back wall.

You're in Val in January, right? We're there 1st full week of the new year too.
snow conditions
Your mrs is a skier? The shame, I've gone right off you Smile

We are in Val from 19th Dec to 10th Jan. If you fancy a ride on one of my boards, happy to oblige, I will be taking the Goliath, Jam and Shaka. We can convert you to the dark side of TBT.
snow report
Smile
I might take you up on that. We can race the kids down the bunny slope too.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Smile
I might take you up on that. We can race the kids down the bunny slope too.

Right on - I reckon I need to 'invest' in a Burton Riglet system as they're currently on skis
snow conditions
My two have both done Riglets tasters twice now and both want to have another go. Certainly saw mini kit for rental in a couple of the stores there...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How old are they? I am very tempted but I'm holding off until they master skis first, especially having just bought them boots & skis.

Mine are 3 & 5, first time for the 3 year old in Dec & the 5 year old has 2 weeks. She definitely wants get on a board.
snow report
trainee snowboard jedi wrote:
.....where else do snowboarders hang out online?

It's about the dark side - we jidis can resist the dark side.

snow conditions
@trainee snowboard jedi, Same age - Eldest is 5 next week, youngest is 3.5. Eldest has been on skis twice
snow report
Sounds like we need a competition then Smile

Are you (or your Mrs) teaching yours how to ski? We stick ours into Village des Enfants, lessons in the morning and childcare in the afternoon meaning me & her indoors can play all day and get a cheeky early après beer before picking them up at 5pm

On this trip we want to take at least our eldest out with us towards the end of the trip but it's the old ski / board conundrum. Thinking about learning blades to go out with them.
ski holidays
We're with Espirit so our kids are in lessons in the morning then off to snow club in the afternoon, so we're in the same routine as you.
latest report
I'll probably see yours singing up the street at some point then Smile

We tried to get into Espirit at Easter but fully booked 1 week and only 2 rooms the other which were miles apart.

Back to an apartment then.
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, have you got some Jedi related alter ego going on here - 3 & 5 year old in lessons / childcare while we play all day and have cheeky beer before legging it to collect them?! While you dream that your Missus would convert to that single plank thing?! @trainee snowboard jedi, I reckon our 3 year old will be whipping the 5 year old after the end of his first week, we had him on skis for a couple of hours last year up and down the nursery drag and he loved it! We can usually be found in the Café Face or whatever the bar is right at the bottom on the left (Banana something?) from about 3:30 /4pm Very Happy
snow conditions
Uh-oh, the wife! LOOK BUSY!
snow conditions
@always29, always good to hear from kindred spirits Smile

Banana bar is the wooden one that burnt down a few years ago.

I reckon we'll be the same with the our 3 year old as he's a typical boy with no fear (but a serious attention deficiency!) whereas our 5 year old is a bit of a princess.

Where do Espirit do their lessons? Is it with ESF in the snow garden? If so, they'll probably be in the same classes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy