Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend a car repair garage in Bourg St Maurice?

Poster: A snowHead
Had a minor bump in my car today while driving away from Val Thorens. The car is drivable as far as I can see, but the bits of the bodywork will require some sort of temporary fix before I think about driving back to the UK. I'd also want a mechanic to check that my assessment of the drivability of the car is sensible not wishful thinking. Anyone able to recommend a garage in Bourg I could take my car to?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try DMC in Landry, just on the left after you go over the level crossing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A bit of gaffer tape and prayer should suffice. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rob@rar, There is/was an English mechanic based in Bourg, have a search around here I'm fairly sure there was a thread.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As you enter Bourg there is a petrol station on the right, it has a garage mechanic attached to it. They were great on Christmas eve last year when my batteries gave out (I have 2 on my 4x4). They checked and found both shorting internally. Not uncommon in piggy backed batteries of that age.... the garage should be obvious wit the 2 larg roller shutter doors next to it.
I dont know if they would do body work.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Silver Clio by any chance? might have seen it being loaded up
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The petrol station as you enter Bourg has closed down (probably something to do with not being able to sell petrol at €0.10 / L more than Super-U & Intermarché)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
that sounds upsetting and annoying, @rob@rar. I hope you are OK and that the car soon will be.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the advice all. After an inspection the car (a Kia not a Renault, BTW) is OK to drive, with just bodywork damage. @pam w, entirely my fault, went in to a hairpin a little bit too quick as I was leaving Val Thorens (the bend in the road by the UCPA building), and couldn't slow the car enough to stay in my lane. There was a coach coming up the road and I thumped in to that at the apex of the bend. Best part of the misadventure was being congratulated by my insurance company on crashing in to a British-registered vehicle rather than French-registered Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rob@rar, Sad if you smashed into a coach I suppose it's fortunate it was only the car's body that was damaged.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@pam w, I'd managed to slow my car down a bit so it was a glancing blow in to the side of the coach, probably at 5 - 10mph. Head-on would have been a bit more emotional I suspect.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rob@rar, More edge angle or grip required wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stewart woodward, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
poor off piste technique rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, boo but glad it wasn't more serious
ski holidays
@rob@rar,

"Coach, is that controlled understeer?

No, that's a crash."

(You have to follow insideout on Facebook) Very Happy
snow conditions
@emwmarine, very good Laughing
ski holidays
@rob@rar, so, was that a misdemeanour, or an offence and are you worried that BASI might revoke your licence?

(Yes, that's my coat, thanks).
latest report
under a new name wrote:
@rob@rar, so, was that a misdemeanour, or an offence and are you worried that BASI might revoke your licence?

Probably just a Yellow Card in this instance but another offence & it could be a Red Card.
ski holidays
Stop it, my sides are splitting!

wink
snow report
Latest News: UK ski instructor banned from France for being unable to descend by car from Val Thorens to Moutiers within 18% of Alain Prost's time!

PS Glad you are fine fella - and the damage was only cosmetic.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy