Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

University Ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went on a couple of Uni ski trips. Back then it was a means to an end for me, sleeping 8 to a room, living on crisps and cuppa soup, not to mention the 18-hour coach trip, is not my idea of a holiday, even on a budget. But it meant that I could go skiing when I was an impoverished student. There wasn't a great deal of drinking involved, we couldn't afford any more than a couple of bottles of cooking wine from the supermarket between 8 of us. I think today's students either have much more money or are less concerned about running up silly debts, which is odd given that the graduate job market is now far more fiercely competitive.

Anyway, I doubt it would bother me these days as I am unlikely to be mixing in the same circles. I have been in the same hotel as a small school party in the last 5 years which wasn't ideal but you can't choose your fellow hotel guests can you?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lizzard wrote:
@bobmcstuff, err ....... how old are you? Shocked

26 - I just don't like wasting bits of my ski holiday being hungover, hence not going with that lot again next year.

Although having said that it was still a fun holiday. I only had one "big" night, I stayed pretty sober the rest of the week, despite peer pressure (turns out that gets less effective with time). I'm useless at doing things with a hangover and I hate the feeling that I'm missing out on skiing so I tended to be the boring one going to bed "early" at 1ish (well me and another guy who is the same).

I don't think anybody has tried to claim drinking is "big and clever". I enjoy the odd night out at home, just not when it interferes with my limited skiing time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went on a rather smaller uni ski trip (around 200 students) to Val Tho a couple of years ago, the skiing was great but the behaviour of my fellow students shocked even me at times. The low point was a meat fondue in a piste restaurant - we were packed in so tight that people needing to pee had to choose between walking down the table in their ski boots and dodging the simmering pots of oil, or going in an empty wine bottle. Then it all turned a bit rapey as the snowsports club leaders started chanting at random women to get naked, and encouraging the rest of the room to join in till they complied through overwhelming peer pressure. I had to make a quick exit and left them to their own devices after that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So I got back from VT with the 300 students i mentioned before. Turns out the company the society went with this year (NUCO) hire a security firm to keep the peace. I saw none of the Gendarmerie all week which was surprising given the fact there was bangers going off all over the place.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been in the past offered a job on security on a uni ski trip as part of the SU's badged security staff which was mostly made up of current students. Didn't go but can confirm that the uni' temd to have to supply at least what I would call 'sober duty' staff who (at least for where I was a student) were paid by having their trip paid for...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy