Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA / Action Outdoors Tignes 17-24 Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Long shot, but anyone else going?

Took the plunge of arranging a solo trip as all my friends are useless at making decisions and none of the events here took my fancy / were at the right time.

Failing anyone actually being on the same course / timings as myself, anyone done UCPA Tignes or otherwise before? Heard vaguely good things but nothing specific.

Edit: Had to change plans. Now going the next week to the one originally mentioned.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 17-12-14 16:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went to Tignes UCPA in April and had a great time whilst doing half time ski lessons. I went on my own and met some other fellow Brits there which was great. Some of those on full time lessons went to the UCPA centre in Val to have lunch and said that it was nice. The food is surprisingly good and plenty of it too! I'm sure that you'll have a great experience.

Jason
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was there this time last year, did half time snowboarding, went with my mate and roommed with two other guys, and went to Les Arc with them a few months later... The room we were in was absolutely titchy, couldn't swing a cat, food was good as usual, good atmosphere, the ski storage room was a bit of a mess.

Had half time lessons in the morning so always went back for lunch then headed out again till the lifts closed.

I would still recommend it (i think we just got unlucky with the room).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@thedrewski, Well, whaddayaknow - I'll be there too! Smile Same term.
I also thought of asking the same question here but, like you, decided that it's a very long shot, so didn't.
Great to know that there will be a fellow snowHead there Smile
I'm on a half time ski course, how about you?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowglider, see, even poor odds sometimes come back a winner...
I'm doing the no instruction course, just free ski the whole time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Darn, I've just spotted the info in your signature Embarassed
Sorry mate, I'm like that - shoot from the hip and often get my own toes blown off Embarassed

On the + side, if I catch you in good mood, perhaps I might pick your brain for a few tips? Little Angel
Well, every underdog has its day!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowglider, I might be persuaded, for the low low price of a beer Wink
How do you define your level?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Since I mentioned "shooting" in my previous post, let me keep with the theme: "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse" Smile
So instead of a beer... how does a starter, a main course and a dessert sound (all washed down with a nice bottle of red/white)?

As for my level - it's not quite straight forward.
Firstly, I come from the era of 200 cm slalom skis. Due to a bad shoulder injury, I took a 20 year break from skiing. Following a successful surgery last year (God bless modern medicine) I returned.
I only had a 3 day break and it went like this: the first day I went down a couple of blue slopes just to blow the cobwebs. Proceeded onto the reds, did not ski on blacks. Only fell once, was well happy with it and was looking forward to the next couple of days.
The second day... fatigue set in (I went unprepared). All day long I was tumbling down various slopes, I fell so many times Sad

The third day I was too tired to try and ski proactively, so instead, I just relaxed and cruised all day long. Only fell once, enjoyed it immensely and, more importantly, started to "get" the new short skis. Ironically, it was only when I was too tired to "push" the skis that I realised that the new short skis actually turn with ease if you simply roll them onto their edges! Smile

So the bad news is that I've got some "unlearning" to do first... But the good new is that I decided to rapidly make up for the time lost... So I booked a week of half - time instruction at UCPA VT from 03.01 - 10.01! snowHead snowHead

So I would guesstimate that, by the time we meet, I shall be somewhere ~ high intermediate/low advanced level Puzzled
Either way, don't sweat it - I promise not to make you work hard for your dinner Little Angel It's all about having fun and enjoying the skiing (and good company)! Very Happy

P.S. Sorry for the somewhat long - winded explanation, I simply didn't know how to accurately give you the background to my current level/situation in fewer words.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would recommend to opt for lessons to meet people. The levels go up to expert so you'll fit in somewhere and you get to choose what to work on at times.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There will be Brits there that week...enjoy! They will show you how to drink!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@swifty, as an ex-serviceman I don't think I need any help in that department Wink
@snowglider, I'm sure we'll be able to work something out!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy